Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Emil, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

If there was no attitude on this forum it would be a boring place.

2. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

This thread has definitely moved into rapid word play of Pythoneque levels. I expect a "Banned" song, ala "Spam", is not far away.

Welcome back Mav.

- Matt

3. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

I have one question though.

Maverick's re-registering was not the original reason for his ban.

First he was banned for MAP bashing, and it was referenced he had done so in Bullshido's supporting member forum. However, Maverick does not have access to the BS SM forum, and could not have done so.

It was only after this that the supposed "re-registering" reason was given. A simple IP check could have confirmed that Maverick had never done so. Instead, he was banned.

So, my question is quite simple.

How can someone be banned for one reason, and when that reason is found to be incorrect, instead of being unbanned, a new, also incorrect, reason is found to ban him?

In one of her previous edits, KickChick said she was capable of admitting when she was wrong and offering an apology.

I think that would go a long way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  4. PeterG

PeterG Valued Member

With all of his rudeness I don't think MAP owes him anything.

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

So he's a bit abrupt , life would be very boring if we all agreed , i haven't seen maverick post anything particarly offensive , let's just move on.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I admit I called you (Maverick) a hypocrite because, you do a great deal of talking behind your back as well.... but I did get you mixed up with another BSD member and for that I was wrong.... and that was not the original reason why you were banned. Your buddy is mistaken.

There are ways to get around IP tracings ... but you wouldn't know that.

So here you go ..... a big sorry to you and Welcome back to MAP :)

XXXXOOOOO

7. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

when and where specifically? please quote

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Oh come on..... do you really want me to list all the threads on BSD where you say such things as you did earlier here ....-- "MAP isn't a rival site, it's the stupid uncle everyone pokes fun at when we're not arguing or discussing amongst each other"

Makes me wonder why even be a member here?

Phrost even told all of you that you are all guilty by association by being a member here.

9. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

Yes that's *exactly* what I want you to do. If you're going to question my character then you better have some proof. You accused me of saying those things "behind your back". If I want to insult you, I'll do it to your face.

Because I choose to be.

I did not realize Phrost's opinions dictated MAP's policies.

10. cullion

cullion Valued Member

The priest at St. Mary's said Phrost can see me even when I'm in the bathroom.

11. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

He's waiting to tell you, "You're a bad boy, and that's concentrated evil coming out of you!"

12. Ecks

Ecks New Member

We should gather all the MAP tough guys and crash a BSD throwdown. That'd I'd love to see.

13. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

I don't think that would be a walk in the park.....

14. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Could be interesting though.

15. MadMonk108

I'm sure which ever Throwdown you attended would love to have you.

And that is not sarcastic or a veiled threat in anyway. The Throwdowns are a great time to get together with real people and learn a lot about how each other practices and plays, in, believe it or not, a completely ego free environment. I have enjoyed every one I've been to.

16. WatchfulAbyss

Depends on rather people can keep it friendly or not. I don't know? It could just turn out to a big mess......

17. MadMonk108

They would.

Egos get checked at the door. There are no challenge matches, no attitudes. With the amount of trash we talk to each other, any sort of "ill will" toward any MAPpers who may show up at a TD would be inconsequential by comparison. There's no one here I hate, I'd have no reason to hurt any of you...

18. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Been there (3x in Chicago) and done that (organized a Rochester Throwdown -- or something like it since the application of the title of "Throwdown" is about as contentious as our relationship with Bullshido). KSW has been to a throwdown as well (in Atlanta).

We can play nice together. And a throwdown (or a gathering of Bullshido members that isn't necessarily blessed as an official Throwdown, unless of course it is) as Mad Monk suggests is a lot of fun. And very much worth attending. Just as a MAPMeet is -- though it's a very different beast.

- Matt

19. cullion

cullion Valued Member

You don't have to 'crash' one. You just turn up like everybody else and spar.

20. WatchfulAbyss

I was more worried about someone from this side to be honest. Going into one with preconceived notions about the bs community. But I geuss your right, as long as every one was just there for the experience and learning opurtunity, it could be fun.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.