Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Emil, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I've been trying to access Bullshido for a while, to find out what the problem is that MAPers have withit, but my computer also seems to have a problem with it, and will not let me access it. So, I was just wondering, what is the problem with Bullshido?

2. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

It's just too harsh for some people. Some people can't have the truth rubbed in their faces. Personally the only problem I have with them is that they seem to verbally abuse even the most standup guy newbie. But then again, it's Bullshido.

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I went to check it out and just got sooo confused with the layout, to me it's not very clear. I think I'll stick with MAP!

4. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

They hate M.A.P people and many on their take the assumption that if you are on this forum, you are weak,McDojo black belt who is training to make people sighn a contract with assasain like efficiency.

they just think that this is a place for 10 year olds, bad martial artists and bull....

there site is more aimed at MMA/BJJ/MT side of fighting where ring craft is the be all and end all...here is more peacefull and diplomatic.....

there is no swearing here....which promotes more adult discussion and makes people structure their arguments instead of calling someone or their mother something stupid and childish...their its open season.

they have a tendancy to hate the proverbial noob, you have to be a mega super MMA star or attend their throwdowns in order to be listened to or beleived..

however its not all bad, bullshido are great at what they do, they expose frauds,assorted buggers who whore the martial arts and try and expose fakes for what they are, and the put up or shut up attitude is comenadable and weeds out the forum fairys...but thats not my cup of tea, i like giving the benefit of the doubt, and even if im giving advice to someone who is lying through their theeth about their art/rank/fight whatever, i may giving advice that may help someone else if they read it....i guess martial artists should definatley check out both MAP and Bullshido and just see whats their cup of tea.

your attitudes top proving arts and their purpose and the style you study will be A HUGE factor in which you prefer.

long live discussion.

(note) i think bullshido is a little strong for me, but then again i like classical music and drink green tea:)

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

They seem to have a mentality that if you don't fight full contact all the time then you'r not worthy , also they seem to have a problem with map themselves , i've seen referances to this being a site for bullies :rolleyes:

6. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

I thought like the above people not long ago.

Then i signed up, and of course got the traditional Bullshido welcome, but they arent so bad once you get to know 'em.

Plus i actually completely agree with what they stand for, esp since i started Kyokushin.

Bullshido isnt for everyone, if you can take it then its pretty funny over there. They are actually doing active work to expose mcdojo's and frauds, which you at least have to gove them credit for. You dont have to be one or the other, I like both sites for differant reasons.

It seems to be a common misconception that everyone on the site is a MMA'er but its not true at all. Its a real mix, its just that everyone on there trains with "aliveness." Every style gets ripped on at BS, but its all i good fun, you need to be able to laugh it off.

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Okay, I just signed up to have a look and I don't think it's for me! I don't understand which forum is which, I get confused so easily and I don't like being confused.

8. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't go signing up there with the same username that I have here.....:D

9. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

I also found MAP and Bullshido to be the proverbial good and bad boys of MA forums. I mean just look at it... Bullshido has this all-black slightly messed up design. MAP is all white and fairly clean. Here you'll say hi and its "hi". In Bullshido you'll say hi and it's "stfu n00b". Here you won't get any bad treatment if you say Aikido, Capoeira, Wing Chun (or in the Bullshido sense _ing _un), Tai Chi work you won't get too much hassle, if any. There you'll get your senses verbally beaten into you. Here you can say something and often you won't be checked. In Bullshido you'll get triple-checked before you're approved.

Edit: Karate Princess, for instance, won't last long in Bullshido long, on the account of her nickname alone.

10. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

*Signs up as "Another TKD Guy" :rolleyes:

11. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Haha, go for it man, having any mention of TKD in your name is going to be like a red rag to a bull, it could be entertaining to watch.....from a distance. :D

12. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

This is probably a good idea.

On the other hand, it'll be fun to see where it goes.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  13. Emil

Emil Valued Member

AH HA! It's finally let me open the site!

14. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Signed up, and already I can see what all the fuss is about. Just read this:

That was directed at a certain member of this forum who only signed up today, and only said what style they did. I will not name names, unless that person wants to be named.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2006
  15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

When you've read one thread, you've read 'em all. There's only so many times that "ninjer" is funny.

16. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

Dude, it's omega, you're obviously not in on the joke. Next time you wanna bad mouth him, it would be less sad if you did it to his face. This talking behind someone's back is just pathetic.

17. johndoch

johndoch upurs

One of the differences between MAP and bullshido is that if someone calls you out on bullshido (with a not so PC response) you need to stand up for what you said.

But in MAP if someone calls someone out (with a not so PC response) they will be jumped on by the relevant mods.

Its up to you what you prefer, personally theres to much choice to say ones better than the other, so surf find and enjoy

18. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Let's apply the Bullshido test of the proof of the pudding then... what the founders and about ten people on there actively stand for is exposing frauds... what the rest stand for is locker room bullying BS and macho pee-pee contests.

Some of the posters (mostly the founders and admin: Phrost, Omega, Asia, Sam Brown) are worth listening to. The rest are the same ol same ol.

Yep. Like I said, those ten or so people work really hard. Dunno how many people are on the site though... :rolleyes:

Wait a minute: let's apply that old Bullshido benchmark again... I haven't seen any surveys over there about "How many of you train with aliveness?" And if there were since there's no set definition, and half the time there's no proof, anyone can say they do.

Recently they've established some kind of benchmark for Throwdowns. So now it's like 'STFU noob unless you've proven yourself at a Throwdown'. But that includes rules which frankly are not acceptible, useful or a benchmark of liveness to everyone, especially people who train a bog-standard MA for SD purposes against your average drunken bum on a Friday night. Apart from which: 1) I've seen vids of a some of the Throwdowns and there's some very very poor sparring in some of them (there's a lot of good too but definitive it isn't) 2) There's been a thread on there about organizing a Throwdown in my area for n weeks and nobody has. I haven't got time to do so, and the point is legitimacy is not as easy as 'Show me a video!'.

Funnily enough, I did aikido/jutsu and do wing chun as my primary arts and nobody paid me any attention when I went there. Maybe because a) my posts were on the point of Bullshido, or b) they were long and boring,. That'll probably change with this post... like I care. I got more of a ripping from Gangrel Childe when I came here! :cry: :rolleyes: :D

19. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

That's another thing: if you're not in on that particular locker room gag it makes you deficient? And this is the internet, people from there come over here and vice versa, so it isn't behind anyone's back. EDIT: you can bet this thread'll be cross-referenced before the day is out!

John Doch's got a very good couple of points there. I like both the sites TBH, but most of the jocks at Bullshido wind me up and just repeat the same nonsense. At least the nonsense here is varied! :D

20. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

here's an idea, organize a throwdown yourself. oh and "lurk more, n00b".
    you clearly have a lot of misconceptions.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.