Bukti Negara on Youtube

Discussion in 'Silat' started by TalkwithThunder, May 1, 2007.

1. TalkwithThunder

TalkwithThunder New Member

Anyone see the new Bukti Negara stuff on Youtube? What do you think?

2. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

Is there a link?

3. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

4. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Say, you wouldn't have just gotten here to plug some of this Bukti Negara stuff that Paul dreamed up, would you?

5. TalkwithThunder

doc jude,
    Sloppy compared to what? Actually, I haven't been doing much but watching this forum lately and I forgot my password, so I am under a new screen name. The tone of your question says that you don't give Bukti Negara any credence. You got any hands on experience with current Bukti Negara players or just hearsay? Truthfully, I haven't seen the clip yet as I can't seem to get flashplayer downloaded (I'm not very computer savvy and my computer is old). If you don't mind me asking what is your background?

6. Monyet Nakal

Monyet Nakal Valued Member

I think "sloppy" is a bit of an exagerration and oversimplification. The techniques seem a little grandiose and delivered from a longer range than the Bukti Negara stuff I am familiar with, but since this is obviously an exhibition or seminar where you want people to see what's going on, that is understandable. All in all I'd say they are more of a decent representation than quite a few other clips I've seen on YouTube.

(And what's wrong with plugging stuff on a forum? Happens all the time.)

7. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

I don't know, but the strikes seem rather arbitrary, I saw a backfist which appeared to be aimed right at the mouth. Not smart.
    They just looked sloppy to me. I'll have to look at them again.

Heheheh. You're so right.

8. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

After reading all of your excuses...
    Been training Pentjak Silat Ratu Adil for awhile.
    I guess this version of watered down Pukulan just isn't my cup of tea. But I guess I shouldn't expect too much, since most folks can't handle teh R347 Serak, so this is what they get :rolleyes:

9. TalkwithThunder

doc jude,
    Been training "for awhile" is a little ambiguous. Please, (and I say this in a non-threatening manner) if you get a chance and are in the area come out to a class. You can find one in OH, CA, or PA. You speak of "Paul" as if you don't know him. I'm always amazed that people want to speak so irreverently of him. Is this from knowing the guy and making your own opinion or are you just regurgitating other peoples thoughts? You never did say if you have any first hand experience with current BN players.

10. tellner

tellner Valued Member

So, TalkinWithThunder, are you any relation to the troll named "Bukti Player" who has been stirring the untreated effluent on certain other forums?

11. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

No thank you. If that video is any proof, I'm not interested.
    You're right. I don't, & I don't care to. You knowing him is enough for both of us.
    I'm sure you are :rolleyes:
    Hang out alittle while longer, you figure out why.
    You know, my daddy once told me,"A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from other people's mistakes." I'm more wise than smart, in that context.

12. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Just thought that I'd remind you, you asked for everyone's opinion, in an open forum. Don't get upset if you don't get back what you want, or if not everyone agrees that Bukti Negari is just the Uber. It ain't. JMI.

13. TalkwithThunder

doc jude,
    You still refrain from answering questions. You also seem to have some preconceived notion of who "Paul" is based on what someone else told you. A wise man seeks the facts, and usually from more than one source. I don't have any problem with your opinion you are misreading my tone in that regard, and I courteously invited you to observe and or participate in a class. I'm hoping to check out the video myself tonight. Maybe I'll think it's sloppy too?

tellner,
    I don't know specifically who "Bukti Player" is but I probably know him. I'll have to find some of his posts.

14. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Forgive my silat non de Thours bubble, but what is 'JMI' :confused:

15. TalkwithThunder

My guess was JMO spelled wrong. I think JMO is "just my opinion". Like I said I'm not very computer savvy, could be something else.

16. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

:D LOL :D

And there was me thinking it was another Dutch Indo style for you guys to disagree about :D :love:

I'll leave you two guys to it ;)

17. Monyet Nakal

Monyet Nakal Valued Member

Yeah I would guess either a "Just My..." acronym or Doc Jude signing off with his initials maybe.

18. TalkwithThunder

Gajah Silat,
    Funny you should say that because I thought "oh, no not another version of Serak" when I saw teh R347 Serak. I'm going to have to hire some texting 12 year old so that I can keep up.

19. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Yeah, it was a typo. Just My Opinion.
    Hey, what with all the e-arguments, I decided to resort to 1337. Just trying to make a point. I guess it was only funny to me. Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time... ;)

Actually, I have formed my opinion not only from conversations while in "Rudy's Camp", but from some longtime former - senior students of theirs(Paul & Vic) that I am in contact with. Too many stories coincide for me to disregard them. (I have first-hand experience of Serak.)
    Plus, looking at what their students are putting out on the web as an example of what they do, and looking at what I see in class on a weekly basis, I'm sticking with what I do.
    NHF (No Hard Feelings) :)

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  20. TalkwithThunder

doc jude,
    I appreciate you changing your tone. I am also sad that you have already formed your opinion. I would hope that you can approach things with an open mind. I think that I have stated in another post that if you hear something often enough it becomes the truth (especially if it is not refuted). PDT and his associates haven't hardly been heard from for 10 years. They haven't to my knowledge ever addressed a forum such as this with their side of the story. I would still hope that you would check BN out. It would be great if you could talk to some current students of PDT and then form an opinion. And I seriously would have never gotten NHF.
    Bart