Buka Julan anyone?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by tonymok125, Mar 16, 2004.

1. tonymok125

tonymok125 Valued Member

Hi all!
    Does anyone do Buka Julan, I think I spelt that right? Anyways, I've been training in this for a bit, probably for about a few months now. Was just wondering if anyone does this form of Silat?

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I don't train in it, but I'd guess (perhaps incorrectly) that it's actually spelled "Buka Jalan"

That's Guru Cass Magda's system of Silat, right?

Mike

3. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

buka jalan

buka jalan translates as open way or open road. i have not heard of a silat style by this name. can you get any more info?.

regards sean

4. SteveJKDUK

SteveJKDUK New Member

Hey Tony! Hows it going? I actually posted this question a few months ago, but I asked Sifu Dave about it. Buka Jalan does mean, "Opening the way", which I guess is good philosophy to take on in the martial arts, and in life in general.

It is the curriculum of Guru Cass's Silat, which I believe has various systems of Silat in it, such as Serak, Cimande etc.

I'm currently learning and training in the Serak stuff, which I really like.

See you in training!

5. tonymok125

tonymok125 Valued Member

Hullo Steve!
    Didn't go to the Cass Seminar coz I didn't have enough money being a student an all! But it sounded awesome! I heard that Tom got kicked in the balls! :D

I tried that website but it didn't work. Which training sessions do you go to? I hardly see you in there!

6. SteveJKDUK

SteveJKDUK New Member

Yeah, the seminar was really good!

Anyway, I've sent you a private message.