Bujinkan Seminars

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by stephenk, Jun 22, 2007.

1. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

The summer is here and it seems that there's a seminar just about every weekend.

What will make you decide to go or not go to a seminar?

Does it depend simply on who is teaching? What about people you've never heard of?

Is it the location?

The subject?

or

If you can get a pass from the wife/girlfriend?

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Location, cost and whether I have the days off from work. Doesn't matter who's teaching, main thing for me is to get in some training with folks I don't ordinarily train with. Oh, and maybe pickup something new.

3. Shirusawa H.

Shirusawa H. Valued Member

location and how Im gonna get there. Although sometimes I get really fatigued and I have school too so I might not be able to go all the time. I plan to go the the Kevin Millis ones since those are the only ones nearby me. Not sure if there are others nearby Edmonton, but my sensei would inform me.

4. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

Oddly enough - it is amazing how many Bujinkan Instructors don't inform their classes of upcoming seminars that feature people they personally don't like... politics and all.

I guess the ninja thing to do is to find out everything you can on your own.

-Daniel

5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Normally I decide whether to attend based upon who is teaching and what is being taught. I look for whether the person is going to actually teach instead of simply demonstrating - I can get that from a DVD thanks ever so much.

However distance and time are also factors at the moment for various reasons so I'm kind of limited at present. Luckily there are some decent local seminars coming up that I can get to.

6. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Yeah, I've seen that.

I try to get anything going on locally (e.g. San Francisco Bay Area and out east as far as Sacramento) up on my website as soon as I hear about it, regardless of who's teaching, and if I have the time I'll attend myself even if I "outrank" the instructor.

7. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I'm the same. I try to keep my website's seminar list updated (though I often forget tbh) but any flyers I get emailed get automatically forwarded to my own students and my general mailing list. Even if I can't make a seminar myself, I'm more than happy for them to attend without me - my only criteria is that they tell me they are going and not hide the fact.

8. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

I also make sure everyone knows about any local seminars that I've heard about.

When my students go to a seminar that I'm not able to attend I make them teach (no matter their rank or experience) what they've learned for 15 mins or so during the next class.

9. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

Politics make it fun :D

10. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

I usually decide if I'm going by whether the instructor looks good in a curly wig or not. Hence, see you all at Norm's next week...

11. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Damn, he's seen me in my curly wig!!!!!!!!! :D

12. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I suppose next week you will be wearing your curly wig with your birthday suit. :D

13. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Oh, er, in that case, I just remembered, er, I can't attend that weekend now.......er, I've got to, er, revarnish my, er, rabbit.........or something like that.

(damn, must think up better excuse next time)

14. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Please excuse me for a moment while I claw out my mind's eye and flush it. . .

:eek:

15. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

And this coming from a guy that's wears a skirt?

By the way, Zara says "Hi, Mr Dale!"

16. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

In battle he would wear a full length sequined ball gown!

17. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I know what he was wearing in Battle but you should have see what he was wearing in Hastings!

(Sussex joke) :D