Budo Montreal

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by vickbd, Aug 22, 2006.

1. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Wondering if anyone can inform me of this Dojo?

Budo Montreal,
    http://www.budomontreal.com/english.html

The "Chief Instructor" there is Stéphane Meunier, anyone know a bit more about him?

And just to make sure:Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan are the three Authentic Ninjutsu "schools" I'd call 'em? Anyway, back to my question. Since I haven't seen any "Bujinkan" on the site is this a Bujinkan school or is it only Budo? Excuse me for the question, it's just to make sure.. I pretty much remember seeing Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu written as a whole all over the place.

Sorry if that last paragraph seems a little confusing, :eek: .

**Edit** He HAS been one of Hatsumi's students. Saying that, it'd be common sense that Stephan teaches Bujinkan too but again, it's only to make sure.

Thanks in advance,
    -Vick.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

3. vickbd

vickbd New Member

I'd sure hope so, it's the only Bujinkan Taijutsu Dojo near my area.
    Thanks for the early reply,
    -Vick.

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

As they all say... Go call them or see a lesson in action. :D

5. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

Hi,
    For Genbukan in the Montreal area, please check out Shawn Muncaster of the Akakage Dojo. Below is the link to the Canadian Genbukan Dojos.

http://www.genbukan.ca/

sincerely,
    Brian Hodges
    Renshi
    GWNBF/KJJR
    Fudoshin Dojo-Cho

6. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

It also has pictures of him with Shiraishi sensei, Noguchi sensei, and Hatsumi sensei, so it is looking legit. (unless he was just there for the photo opportunity ;) )

7. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Yeah, we'd all assume that he'd be teaching what he's been taught by Soke Hatsumi but you never know, he might of opened up a different kind of school?

I hardly doubt it's not Bujinkan but anyway, I guess I'll just have to go check it out in person.

Btw, can anyone give very brief descriptions on the differences (That's even if there are any differences)? Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan.

Thanks for the replys and I'll check the Genbuken school Fudoshin,

**EDIT** The Instructor at Budo Montreal "holds the title of shidoshi
    (master instructor and a 9th degree black belt)."

Does that translate to 9th dan?

-Vick

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  8. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Yes, that translates to a 9th Dan. As for the differences between Bujinkan, Genbukan, and Jinenkan, I think that most members here will advise you to do a search as that topic has been discussed countless times before, both here and on other forums.

9. vickbd

vickbd New Member

So I've done my reasearch and know slight differences.
    So any news on Sensei Stéphane Meunier? Anyone get a chance to meet him or train with him?

-Vick

10. Canit

Canit Valued Member

Try over on Kutaki no Mura (www.kutaki.org). I know of at least one person from Montreal who posts there. He was just in Japan. Hopefully he can connect you with the Dojo.

Gambatte!

11. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Thanks Canit I will give it a look.

-Vick.