Breaking Board holder

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by martinnharvey, Sep 16, 2008.

1. martinnharvey

martinnharvey Valued Member

My old breaking board holder is getting a bit past it and I have seen some at competitions that seem to be a metal frame that looks similar to the old style but can be folded up and put in the boot of a car easily.

Does anyone know where to get them from or can anyone recommend a good supplier.

I haven't got the time to build one again.

Cheers!

Martin

2. CollinsTKD

CollinsTKD New Member

3. martinnharvey

Interesting but too much money and doesn't look like it would fit in my car boot.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers!

Martin

4. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

Try this shop, in Derby.

http://www.academy-sports.co.uk

They list the frame at £195 - not sure whether I can find a pic of it, but - it's height adjustable & easy to dismantle.

5. martinnharvey

Sounds good.

I'll see if they can supply me with a pic

Cheers!

Martin

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You might be thinking of this one Martin. It comes apart and stores away in a holdall that will fit in your boot. It is easy to carry too as the frame is made from aluminium.

Although it pains me to say it as it has been developed by another TAGB Instructor, I'm not quite sure it's the finished article yet.

The first time I saw it used in competition the adjustment points on the frame were going out of true after each break, so the frame would wobble or sit at an angle unless it was adjusted again. The light weight also made breaking more difficult than normal.

It has been updated since then so may be perfect now, but my advice would be to get a look at one first.

It's a shame because with a few changes it would be an excellent product.

Mitch

7. martinnharvey

Thanks Mitch - It looks like the one I saw a year or so ago.

I'll start saving my pennies!

Cheers!

Martin

8. johnTee

johnTee New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick hello and introduction, I'm Johntee, I attend Newcastle Blackbelt Acadamy where I practice ITF TaeKwon-Do as created by the late "General Choi Hong Hi", I am a 1st grade belt, with 7 years training experience(on & off), I regularly attend competitions (although I'm getting on a bit, i'm 49, but your as young as you feel so they say, sometimes I feel like i'm 29 and sometimes a wee bit older than that,anyway nice to meet everyone might pop in for a chat sometime, cheers,

9. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Give the peeps at taekwondo-supplies.com. they have the plans to build them for a bout a fiver. And with them being UKTA suppliers at worst they can direct you to a good source

10. floyd07

floyd07 Valued Member

Noticed this thread on Breaking board frames/holders-
    I've looked for a long time for a good quality one- most of them have some design issues- i even had one that lifted off the ground upon impact when used. It needed 2 persons to steady it.Anyway i came across one called The Grond last week and if anyone is interested I'll report back with some feedback from our club members. Cheers:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  11. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Just get your higher grade students to hold the boards and threaten the breaking students that if they hit the holders on the fingers then they have to go 3 rounds, full contact. This will either improve their focus or their defence.:)