Brazilian Top Team in Thailand

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Massive, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Massive

Massive New Member

The local Thais are calling it Muay Brazil:)
    Chay-yai gym is famous in Thailand for producing many great Muay Thai fighters the gym now has a full time instructor of BJJ from Brazilian Top Team.
    Pedro Lott (3x champion of Rio) is now teaching BJJ twice a day at the gym and also training Muay Thai to improve his standup skills. Pedro will be competing in the South East Asian Grappling games next weekend in BJJ and submission wrestling in both the 73kg class and open weight.
    www.muaythaicamps.com

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow. cool.
    The BBJ presence in Thailand was helped along by the guys at Bangkok Fight club. Rumor has it that there will be some sort of connection with Hong Kong BJJers soon. I hope it all pans out. :)

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Oh noz! :eek:

Give it 5 years and the Thais will be EVEN MORE TERRIFYING!!! :eek:

:D

Just imagine the Thai fighter mentality, teaching 5 year olds MT + BJJ! I'm giving up now! :)

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

That's really cool. I trained MT in Thailand last year and couldn't find anywhere with a permanent BJJ instructor apart from Bangkok.

Its an ideal place to go on a training holiday because of cheapness, availability of flights and great tourist infrastructure, so this is a fantastic move.

Edit: and its in Chiang Mai!! I LUUURRRRVE Chiang Mai!! Just wish I had some holidays left this year now!