Body/Chest Protector

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Mixitup, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

I need a new body/chest protector for my sons upcoming fight, I want either Twins or Fairtex (or similar quality) but I want a black one, I can get a Twins one from Thailand but it might not come in time.
    Does anyone in the UK know of where I can get one? :)

2. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

I don't know if Fairtex make one. May be they do custom order. The most common, and used in amature fights in Thailand is from FBT. It should be the cheapest too, since they do quantity manufacturing.

3. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Can't seem to get one in the UK, Fairtex do the red/blue but I want one that he can wear regardless of which corner he's fighting out of. Twins do the black one, but nobody seems to stock it.

4. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

I've only ever seen body protectors in Red or Blue i think because they use them in amateur competition, and red and blue is generally the accepted colours. Try www.fightshop.com i've bought from there they have a good range of stuff.

5. Fightshop.Com

Fightshop.Com Valued Member

Body Chest Protector

Get a Fairtex one here we have Red and Blue although the blue isn’t yet on the site. If you need a Blue one pm me and I'll get it up on the site asap. Next day delivery. Fairtex only do blue and red as these are the colours of amateur Thai fights (similar to amateur boxing). Same goes for the elbow pads by Nationman.

http://www.fightshop.com/product.asp?category_id=2&product_id=555

6. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

I've just e-mailed your site asking if you can get a black one, I've got a month including shipping until the fight so I'll hold out a bit longer, then if I can't get one I'll order a Fairtex one of you :D

7. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Thanks for the e-mail Fightshop, not many retailers would bother to phone round to find something they don't usually stock. By the looks of it Twins is the only make to do black ones. I'm being difficult because I think it looks daft if the kid in the blue corner is wearing a red pad etc.... and I'd rather use a quality product for protection of my son than take a chance on what the promoter has, so black is the best choice, or buy 2.

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

buy 2 if you can afford them mixitup,they will come in handy when in red or blue corner and also for training :)

9. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

It's looking that way :cry: