Blue Jade Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Jaydub, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

There seems to be a new martial arts school setting up in my city. Has anyone ever training with, or even heard of, Blue Jade Martial Arts?

https://www.bluejadesociety.com/

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I don't know anything about Chinese martial arts, but from his bio it doesn't sound like he's really done that much of it...

I would have expected "one of the foremost teachers of traditional Chinese martial arts in our time" to have done more.

No mention of sparring, and no pictures or video of it. His movement in the videos is not what I would expect from someone claiming a level of mastery.

axelb likes this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Blue jade seems to be made by the 3 teachers who refer to tong by Dao (never heard of).

All the videos refer to xi yi Quan, and appear to be forms and compliant drills.

If you have time and the capacity, maybe take a look, but I wouldn't expect much more than forms and compliant drills.

There is a lot of vague lineage, and spin on experience, so this makes me suspicious.

12th degree, which seems like a self granted grade from reading between the lines.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Jonathan Bluestein been around for awhile, also written a book or two. I believe he use to post a lot on Empty Flower forum and Rum Soaked Fist Forum, Both basically Internal Chinese Marital Arts forums. I don't know him personally, but from what I understand his Xingyiquan is legitimate.