blade culture

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by ptkalista, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

There is a saying, Higher Consciousness through Blade Contact. So we the special few live by the philosophy of all blade all the time. Our technology was passed down in secret, but you can see parts of it in video in the internet if you really want to know. Our art is so sacred that we get tattoos where we fight, just like our ancient forefathers who had tattoos. I'm not in the habit of writing about my training, I can only tell you of its flavor and I can tell you the true FMA is good, bitter but sweet.

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

So you can't tell me what you do in any given training session? Why?

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Now?

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

*laugh*

5. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Too bad "Flavor Flav" has already been taken as a nickname.

6. Moi

It's not like FMA needed 'biggin up' - everyone knows it's the dogs ............ for knife work.

(prawn cocktail for me)

7. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

Like I said, if you still have doubts or fear, 2008 is just a few months away but enough time to save some money. So before you decide to disrespect our art, hold that judgement until next year and come to where the flavor is. This is the only way if you are still confused of the truth of the true FMA. :woo:

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm not confused. And you're choosing not to answer the question. Which tells me what I need to know.

Stuart

9. Moi

Why 2008? & nobody's disrespected FMA, cept you maybe?

10. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

I'm not at the level of explaining training, that is for the masters. I only train, mine is not to ask why mine is but to do or die. That is why I invite you to go in 2008 so you can ask your questions.

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

An answer to that question might answer a lot of questions.

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

If it's not your place to explain your training, it's also not your place to claim it's the best.

GM Gaje didn't come on here making claims. You did. Remember that.

Nor do you need to be particularly high level to say:

We start with 20 minutes of footwork drills, do some abecedario drills with [weapon x], then gear up and do sparring...

It's simple.

Stuart

13. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

Scroll up and you'll understand the significance of 2008. And no I have not disrespected FMA but just exposed the fear of many people when they talk of the blade. And I am here to tell you that there is nothing to fear. I too was afraid but no more. There is nothing to fear but fear itself when you have the flavor.

14. Moi

Is flavour a euthamism for crack? That would answer a few questions for me.

2008 - I can't be bothered scrolling, do you come of age?

15. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

That's not explaining training that's listing things that you do. For instance this how I make love to a woman, Again, please spare us the colourful sexual descriptions. --Stuart That's not making love, just like what you listed isn't 'training' I could've listed that if I knew that was what you meant.

The true FMA is the best, period. I'm not going to argue about this. It is the best. Our technology is more than 100 years old.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  16. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

Now you're just acting like a troll. I have not attacked anyone here, just posted some really good ideas about where training is developing in FMA. If you take offense to what I posted then argue it, don't start throwing personal attacks. Act your age.

17. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Is that your shot at trying to say you're over 16 years old?

18. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

The idea of All Blade All the Time may be madness to you, but all I can say is...

19. Moi

NEVER!!!! ;)

20. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

The resorting of ad hominem usually happens when the other has lost ways to argue. The true FMA is about the blade, FMA is the best, FMA is the only good Blade Culture left. I am only trying to say return to the blade. If you have much fear then don't return. But the flavor is where it has always been and there it will remain.