BKFA Trip to China.....

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Bassmonkey, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Hi Guys and gals,

Has anyone attended the BKFA trip to china at all?

If so was it any good? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiances as im thinking of going next year if they do it again.

Just wondered what it was like in advance as i will have to start saving for it now.

Thanks all

B.Monkey

2. kungfudoctor

kungfudoctor Free Kung Fu for all

i havent been with the bkfa but i did grow up in china and even went to the so called shaolin temple , i would say great training just dont expect a scene from a 36 chambers film

3. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Ha ha, dont worry i dont expect some ancient grandmaster to come and train me by hanging from trees and what not. Just wondered what its like.

In hindsight this is probably the wrong time to ask as i think they are out there now anyway haha.

4. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

its supposed to be a good trip, they train in FOshan! Go on the web site and have a read!

I havent been personally, bit too expensive for my liking!

5. CFT

CFT Valued Member

I am amazed that the BKFA still have not gone over to Zhongshan to check out Xiao Yongding's Lau Gar.

6. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

lol

stop causing trouble, that is TOTALLY my job!

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Call me crazy, but I find it interesting that the BKFA makes it a point to go over there every year even though there isn't a place training the stuff they are training to train at. It's reminiscent of Shaolin Do and USDS (Ke?po, right). Telling.

8. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

What was the shoalindo thing? care to elaborate, not heard of that...

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

No way, you haven't heard of Shaolin Do Tart? You must have missed that meeting! :D

Don't the BKFA go out to China to teach people over there Lau Gar?

10. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

It was all over the forums a while back, with nothing good said about it. There is a big MAP thread on it I think.

11. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

Master Yau is teaching it there to a guy, its on the website!

12. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

I've heard of shoalindon't - just not the "USDS" thing, whatever that is.

And yes, I believe they do. Xiao Yongding is probably getting it all wrong... ;)

13. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

wasnt it that "what is the worst style of kungfu thread", i think it came down to shoalin do, grand celestial do and that viking style thingy LMFAO , that was a great thread! we should do that again ! lol

i vaguely remember some sort of arguement about who would win in a fight a gymnast or a gorilla?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008