BJJ instructionals for free!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Well maybe not free, but if you have membership of Amazon prime in Europe, then there's about twenty free full length BJJ instructionals, I'm currently watching a newer Roy Dean one, who does give off a very wierd vibe, I do like how clear he teaches though, its very white and black.

Giovanni, Monkey_Magic, Dunc and 2 others like this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Nice find. I would not have thought to look on prime for that :)

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Dead_pool

There's some super low budget films on prime too,based on BJJ that look worse then red belt!

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

For totally free instructionals this YouTube page is quite good
    BJJ Curriculum

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Dead_pool

axelb likes this.
  6. axelb

these are great :)

I've been building up a spreadsheet for a mind map as I go along my BJJ journey with references to videos from various YouTube or video instructionals as there are so many I'll stick with a handful to work on a time.

Weekly mat time may be 2-3 hours, but weekly off mat research is beginning to be more like 5-10 hours :D

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

The danaher videos are great, and there's plenty of long clips online to work from.

The way I approach it is, pick two/three movements, one top, one bottom, and one positional escape,and try and use them in rolling plus the class topic too.

Then when it goes wrong, try and work out why.

Often it's either it's a posture/connection thing, or your timing is out, so you trying to sweep the wrong way etc.

axelb likes this.
  8. axelb

I like the Danaher videos, they covered a lot of details so I keep revisiting after each session I try and fail certain moves and then go back in with a few pieces I missed during the roll.

Definitely trying to stick to only a few movements per position; at white belt it's like a kid in a sweet shop :D and the restraint to not bail and go for what I can make work when in a tough position.:rolleyes:

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Dead_pool

MMA leech is always pretty good too, I literally watched this a minute ago and suddenly all my failed honeyhole attacks from a failed butterfly sweep I've been messing about with made sense!

axelb likes this.
  10. Dead_pool

And of course the Gracie breakdowns are always good:

Possible spoilers!

axelb likes this.
  11. Vince Millett

Vince Millett Haec manus inimica tyrannis MAP 2017 Gold Award

I read his book when I first started BJJ and there was one very short few sentences when he referred to women and I remember thinking "that sounds a bit strange - he has a very immature attitude to women". A few months later there was a big fuss in BJJ world about his behaviour around a female employee who had dared to date someone other than him. I've heard various people express concerns about him. I agree, though, about his teaching. The element of traditional martial arts he brings in makes his teaching nice and clear.

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. Vince Millett

Totally free with untold amounts of awesomeness: Hundreds of BJJ Globetrotters camp videos.

Globetrotters in action

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Dead_pool

Shhhh, I'm keeping that just for me!!

There's some great material and approaches on these! I'm working through a gift wrap one at the moment.

14. Dead_pool

He's got a posting history of being involved with pick up artists and NLP for making cash, so I wouldn't trust the guy, but his bjj looks very clean, I was watching one of his videos where he's rolling and getting beaten by a brown belt, and him tapping was edited out!

I've rolled with a purple belt of his and he was really good.

Vince Millett likes this.
  15. Vince Millett

I need to go back and revisit the ones I was actually present for.

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Frodocious and Dead_pool like this.