BJJ In MD/ DC Area

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by chungmoomonkey, Mar 11, 2007.

1. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

IM a first Dagree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do. I love in and its alot of Fun. One of my instructors is a blue belt (i think) in BJJ and is constantly yelling at my prototypical all speed no power, wild kicking on one leg, sporty, unrelistic fighting methods. After working a bit with him as wellas being a high school wresteler for two years i had some interest in BJJ. Then last summer i got into a fight with this pretty large guy ( he was prolly about 200lbs, almost 6 foot, relitivly cut black dude and im a 5 7 145 lbs scared white kid. lol) I prolly should have been killed but i was much faster and he could not land a punch. After Dodging a few punches i locked up with him because i didnt want to get hit and because i wasnt very confidant in my striking. I really wanted to tek him down but didnt know enough grappeling to be confident.

Obvously im not proud of how thsi fight went and it caused me to train in a completly differan manor. But the moral is that i would like to learn some BJJ and it would be very helpful if anyone could give me a goodschool IN the Maryland/D.C area.

2. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

for some reason, maryland is CRAWLING with good bjj schools.

you might want to check the dojo reviews at bullshido - the other thing maryland is crawling with is bullies.

3. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Oh, YEAH!!!! You wanna come over here and say that in person?????

Just kidding :D

Seriously, though, Pauli is right about us being neck-deep in BJJ/MMA schools over here, as long as you're close to the metro DC or Baltimore areas.

...and welcome to the neighborhood!