BJJ Gis

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by edudley, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Word of advice just because some thing costs more does not always mean it will be better. I have been burned in the past with crappy gi's. Take peoples recomendations and buy what you like off of that! ;)

2. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

http://www.squidoo.com/jiujitsugis

Don't know if you found a gi yet as it's been 4 weeks, but the fuji gi on this website come with the patches separate in case you want to sew them on later.

3. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

'Faixa Rua' and 'Tatami' do inexpensive and fairly 'classic' looking BJJ kimonos.

But as has been mentioned before, Judo gi's are by far the cheapest and they are as plain as you get... you can even get an unbleached one for that feudal Japanese vibe :)

4. edudley

edudley Valued Member

5. ben moak

ben moak Valued Member

mmawarehouse.com has some gi's that fairly plain

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i've recently gotten a bjj gi from pirahna gear that i am very happy with. i've also bought other equipment: compression shorts, knee pads, cups, etc. good stuff, good service.

7. JKDJoe

JKDJoe Valued Member

Hmm. Tried posting this twice and it never showed up.

Oh well. I just wanted to say that I echo what others mentioned about Piranha Gear-they have good stuff at good prices and customer service is outstanding.

Also, I purchased my Gi (Vulkan) off ebay for about half of retail price. Great condition too!

8. stephacts238

stephacts238 Valued Member

if you go to a competition with a crazy color gi, just be prepared to back it up.

9. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

Most of the guys I train with, and particularly instructors, like Koral from Brazil. They are very durable from what I gather.

10. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

they also often cost about 6million pounds ;)

11. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

i use gameness for durability and if you like plain proforce has good plain gi's