Biblical Assumptions Resolved

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Endeavor, Mar 13, 2006.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I have several friends from Africa, namely Nigeria, Kenya, Somalia, and the Ivory Coast. I'm yet to see any of them perform a tribal dance, or dress in lion skin, much to my disappointment.

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

lol! Just keep the faith holyheadjch... one day!!!

3. holyheadjch

The Kenyan dude has eaten giraffe though...although as opposed to it coming from the biggest spit roast ever, he bought it at a market. I was disappointed further.

4. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Well holyheadjch, that probably comes because they are a second, third or fourth generation from their tribe. Tribes in Africa have adapted to the western ways, they had no other choice if they want to get aid sent to them. Doesn't mean the tribal dances no longer exist. In fact alot of tribal customs still exist but normally only get performed in the family. And they definitley won't show them to a foreighner unless he is a "tourist". And even then its forced.

And where do you friends live now ? Here in the UK probably so
    NO , I don't think they will perform something like that in front of you. Man, some of you ppl are narrow-minded. Its depressing.

Christian

5. holyheadjch

I'm pretty sure they dont know any tribal dances, and I'm fairly confident that they dont do it behind closed door either. I was being sarcastic. You have made a statement that a lot of these customs are performed in the family - this is a statement without basis, most africans belong to a major world religion, whether it be christianity, islam, hinduism or sikhism, the only rituals they perform are the ones tied to these religions. You seem to have this 'protect the foreigner' thing going on, now this may be because you are an immigrant yourself, I dont know, but none of my friends have ever played that card with me. In fact a couple of them used to beat the hell out of me as revenge for the British Empire, in jest of course, but the kind of pity you try to bestow upon these people would offend them far more than anything I have ever said to them.

And no they dont live in the UK, they studied here, but thats it. And personally I think the most narrow minded person in this conversation is you.