Best schools/dojos in the world.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kikaku, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

I'm toying with the idea of opening a dojo in the near future. I'm currently putting together a business plan, and part of it involves alot of research ! :D
    In your opinion what are the best Martial arts schools/Dojos in the world ?
    Any links ?

I'm very curious to see layouts/themes/facilitie pictures etc.
    Cheers !
    Jonathan

2. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

mine :D

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

6th Kyu Wants to open Dojo...

This thread could get mighty interesting

4. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Jon

Are you trying to emarrass the ninja guys?? :bang:

you can open a dojo when you are a shidoshi ho with a shibu or a 5th dan, why cant you wait.

5. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Most financially successful dojo/club: Go Kan Ryu :mad:

Best: Loughborough Kyokushinkai Karate - Where I train :D

6. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Jon, don`t even think about this yet :bang: , just focus on your training, it`s going to be a fair few years before you should even consider opening a Dojo, your training is more important.

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

In terms of successful business structure, GKR Karate International. They've made a fortune for Robert Sullivan, the Australian business man who came up with their organisation's structure. It's up to you whether that's a route you would want to follow...

8. Dai Yoshida

Dai Yoshida New Member

I've been at this for over 30 years.
    I don't think 'm good enough to declare myself a master.

I'm so glad some people have that much confidence in their abilities. :D :D :D

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I think that basically in terms of TMAs at least, the best dojos are the ones which dont make any money. For a TMA dojo to make money it needs to lower standards to get more pupils in, then you become a McDojo and quite frankly we dont need anymore of them.

10. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

Whoa, whoa, whoa guys...I didn't say anything about teaching Ninjutsu, did I ????. I said I might be interested in opening a dojo as business on the side with my instructor. Plus the fact that I'm receiving my black belt in Wu Shu Kwan very early next year, and need to complete a year of practical teaching
    before I'm eligible to train for my 2nd Dan.

No need to jump to conclusions !

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006