Best LEGAL self defense weapon to carry?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Jul 27, 2003.

1. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

The pen is mightier than the sword. :D

2. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Nalgene and pens are both great suggestions that I use personally when available.

However, I'd pity the man that tries to harm me on my way home from work.[​IMG]
    Because that's the first thing he'd see (And maybe the last, depending on situation.)

3. Florida Warlock

Florida Warlock Banned Banned

Your natural weapons are the best weapons you possess...
    1-the hand(that's a given)
    2-the elbow(one of my favorites)
    3-the shoulder(powerful when you put your weight into them)
    4-the waist(transmitting power into strikes, from your legs to your upper body)
    5-the knees(another of my favorites!)
    6-the feet(I'm out of shape, all my strength is in my legs now... it's all I got)
    7-the head(try not to lose too many brain cells)

AND they're all legal to have with you! :)
    note: try not to kick people at the head with combat boots...

And when I'm not in the mood to be honorable, I use a pen(I'm a writer).

4. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Yep, but honor's in the eye of the beholder. Me? I care more about getting home alive. If someone wants an axehammer in their head for their troubles, it isn't my problem. I don't look for trouble, I just want to survive.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Do you train with it?

6. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

I train with something similar (Kyoketsu Shoge). It's tough to find a practise axehammer, but I'm looking....

7. l_h01234

l_h01234 New Member

RE: Best Legal Weapon

Hi there i would just like to sy that you may want to try carrying a parker pen with you or a credit card. If these are used correctly you can get deverstating effect which will lead to your attacker being defeated by you. The pen can be used as a kobutan and the card can be used for attacking atemi waza.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i would use a hard elastic cord, i say again and again and again THEY HURT LIKE BLOODY LIVING BREATHING HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yes but been only 12 years old you would only get a couple of months in a kids detention centre anyway!! :D

And living by the sword does not mean taking a pair of nunchuks out when you hang around street corners with your mates drinking a can of tennants and playing with shopping trolleys!!!

10. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

EWWWWWWWWWWWW roofing hammers are sick. Every time I enter hardware store I have to tell myself NOt to buy one.

But as for training with one. You said you use in your line of work correct?
    And you do study something similar to it.
    there you go training.

Now as for finding a a practice one I think i have a link somewhere where one could buy a practice tomohawk.

http://www.americantomahawk.com/index.htm

look for teh laguna tactical 'hawk from there you will see a link to a practice 'hawk.
    I hate how certain ites make it impossible to get a link to the EXACT part of the site that you want. :bang:

h and I have a practie 'hakw I made its a farily good aproxamation of a real hammer or axe a littel light but its a prototype.

11. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Yep, they're great tools. I'm a roofer, so obviously you could consider it training. I swing that thing around so much I've got a pretty good feel for the weight.

12. ninjas-r-us

ninjas-r-us I sit under your tea

wow.....the uk wepon policy is very crappy no knife? thats REALLY dumb

cane/walking stick

why? they cant take it away from you, but dont go swinging it around like a bo that justs ask for trouble its as effective as a sword, jo, ect think on it, most wepons are modeled around that size object

how? by one or make one, i recoment coldsteel.com pricy but MADE for fighting....walking is just a bonus

13. ninjas-r-us

ninjas-r-us I sit under your tea

another thing to ponder on
    the idea behind wepons

the idea of a wepon is

to lengthen, sharpen, or harden somthing of the body or to add more points of impact to ones self

famouse exsampels

spear, lenthen the reach of your arm

sword, leanthen, and sharpen your arm and in some cases harden

now think of some of the less known wepons, and some difficult wepons

3section staves, one of the most difficult wepons to become skilled it, its so hard many master find it pointless

kusarigame: sythe and chain and weight.....lengthen yes...convientet? no

manrikigusari.....was he high?

14. Woodsman.

Woodsman. New Member

Wow . . . That is absolutely brilliant and I am kicking myself right now for not having thought of it. Doubly great for our British friends. I'm taking this concept a step further though, from now on my medium size vise-grip locking pliers shall never leave my side . . . It would be great for defensive methods too, with a non-locking pair you would have to be in close range but with these I could crimp them in place and leave them hanging there while I beat a bold retreat . . .
    Boy, that makes me look pretty sadistic, haveing this for a first post . . .

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  15. xen

xen insanity by design

personally i think the UK policy on knives is not as daft as it sounds.

knife fights are brutal and messy...here in the UK we have this thing called the NHS, where if you get injured you get fixed for free! I like that, it's handy. For example when I was practicing with my katana years ago, i stuck it through my thumb. There was quite a lot of blood and a mate drove me to A+E and they fixed it up a treat.

Why should the NHS have to stitch up people who get in knife fights? Teenagers full of bravado with no concept of what they are doing carry knives and think they are cool. Next thing you know, little jonny has sliced open davids face cause they were arguing over nothing at all!

If you feel you need to carry weapons, look long and hard at the life you are living and the people you mix with. If you have a facination with using weapons, join the military, but before you do, talk some people who have been in combat and ask them to share a slice of reality with you.

To learn to handle weapons in the context of martial arts shoud lead you to a place where you don't ever want to get involved with them outside the dojo.

AND NEVER CARRY A WEAPON YOU AREN'T PREPARED TO USE.

if you pull out a knife and start waving it about chances are it'll end up stuck in you!

final point, there was a TV program interviewing some of the British commando's from WW2. This old boy described the first time he stuck someone with a bayonet. He was stood in a doorway, the enemy came round the corner, and he was carrying the bayonet in his hand. Training took over and he rammed it into the enemies belly. Then he froze. He said the shock was incredible...they had been trained to stick it in, but no-one told him how he'd feel as his hands got covered in blood, the body went limb and he had to pull the bayonet back out...

16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Just a question. Are nine-linked whipchains legal???

17. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

i think they might be classed with nunchaku but then again you could just say its your very very long wallet chain. So Im not sure. taht and the laws will vary from state to sate in the States.

18. fast-edge

fast-edge New Member

Hi there
    Anything can be used a weapon in crisis situation , pencil,back pack, credit card(they can be sharpened enough to cut skin, ect ect .

Still , the best way to avoid dark back alley is not to enter them.

19. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Well, in Queensland at least, all pretty much a "weapons" as such are prohibited. No concealed firearms, no pocket knives (without a good reason), no OC spray, nada, zilch, zip. A walking stick is about it. Even makeshift blinding powder will get you in deep with the police. We can't even carry something as useful as a kubotan. But, I suppose that's where a pen, and shobo skills come in handy. Improvisation is the key to survival nowadays.

20. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Well for closer contact if you want an object to help make devastating punches, we have many flavours here in Canada.

For our starter kit, get a roll of quarters. It will make your punch a little more solid and add a good bit of weight.

For our advanced users, get a roll of Loonies (one dollar coins). This will add a good amount of weight to your punch and make a very solid impact fist.

For our pro kit, pick up a roll of Toonies (Two dollar coins). These babies will send your opponent down to the northern states in one punch and they would swear they were hit by Evander himself. Recommended for those with a slightly larger fists.

For a good combination carry a roll of quarters or Loonies in your jabbing hand, and a roll of Toonies in your power striking fist.