Best LEGAL self defense weapon to carry?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

never thought of my ATM card being a deadly weapon...

2. Solane

Solane New Member

let your wife or girlfriend get hold of it and you will soon see how devastating it can be to your bank balance. :)

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Think that 6 inch chain will my Keys at the end is a Nu-Metal statement??

"Whack!"

Think again! :D

4. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

Agreed, my key chain is no fashion statement :p

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

let's see at this moment I'm carrying loose change in my pockets [metsubishi], wallet with a 10 inch chain [kusari], comb, 2 ink pens [one made with a stainless steel cylinder], one mechanical pencil, base ID and line badge [laminated plastic cards], house/car keys, palm pilot w/stylus, eyeglasses, leather belt. Why on earth do I need to carry a weapon? You carry a weapon you run into problems with Johnny Law not to mention a tendency to get hung up on the weapon and ignore all the possiblities (such as walking away or running away). And yes, I know how to improvise and use practically any ordinary object as a defensive (or offensive) tool.

6. natxanadu

natxanadu Banned Banned

Some SAS guy told me to carry a small can of womens deoderant (alchohol based), not very nice if it gets in your eyes, preferably your attackers eye's

7. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I would carry a Transformers (the Show from the 80s) and if anyone attack me and would hold it up and yell "Its more then meets the eye!"

If anyone didn't get the joke go away now.

8. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

That things classified as offensive weapons can be carried in certain circumstances:

weapons worn as part of national costume.
    Not he ski in doo (I have no idea how o spell it) warn wiht a kilt.There illegal now apparently.:(

9. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

lol

10. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

okay lets see
    A SI empty my pokets I find
    A Dr. Grips ballpoint pen
    A swiss army knife
    a Zippo lighter
    A large handfull of change
    A liner lock folding knife with a 3 inch blade
    My passport
    My wllet with assorted currency and libray card
    A comb
    Another poket knife
    and on my belt is heavy folding knife in sheath

Out of these things only one of them is there as a 'weapon', everything else is just incase need it.
    But despite the fact that I have knives I have no problem of running away really really fast, thats why i did track so I could runaway. Baring that I would use my fists and feet (which are shod in steel toed work boots) to escape. And as I could fairly easily kill or permantly disable someone with out using a weapon I would only use it if a loved one was in danger,or a weapon was pulled on me and I felt tht they meant to use against me.

Oh and I loved Transformers They're Robots in Disguise

11. Jazman

Jazman New Member

someones got a nice knife collection... paranoid are we? :D

12. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I grew up in farm country, therefore my stern belief is that the pliers is the greatest weapon ever created. Completely legal, as easy to access as any knife, can be used for incredibly powerful, highly focused blows, and if you get hold of anything the fight is over.

Totally utilitarian in function, and a lot more options than the kubotan.

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hehe - I like it - I like it a lot :D

14. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

"and if you get hold of anything the fight is over." - just thinking about that is making me uncomfortable...

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Dude, I love it! Reminds me of an old guy I once met who always had a large wrench in his back pocket. Looked benign, but the way I was told, his old buddies from the old days remembered how he used that wrench as a smashing tool in the great fight. Makes sense to me, but pliers is even more brilliant!

16. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yeah - it made me squirm in my seat too :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. musclemania

musclemania New Member

if it hurts it works

18. khafra

khafra New Member

Need a mocking smiley on this site so I can thumb my nose at all you Brits--I can carry around a balisong with me anywhere...
    But if you ride a bicycle most everywhere you go, you could get away with carrying a 6-foot, heavy duty chain in your pocket.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to join the two of those and add a heavy ring at the other end, in a hurry. Ph34r my improvised Kyoketsu-shogei!

19. Jewbacca

Jewbacca New Member

I always walk around with my weapon in full view. I even screw around with it, flipping it around and doing whacked out tricks with it. I live in one of the nastiest neighborhoods in Virginia (richmond area, higher murder rate per capita than New York).

The best weapon to bring with you is a curved-top walking cane. Hapkido teaches a form for walking cane. A cane can be substituted for Hanbo with hanbojutsu techniques as well. In a pinch, it can double as a gigantic tonfa.

It's the only weapon I know how to use well. I'm the deadliest cripple this end of richmond! Wahahahhaa

20. cane

cane New Member

IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LEGALITY AS WELL AS VERSATILITY AND PRACTICALITY; WE HAVE TO CONSIDER THE CANE; AS AN INSTRUCTOR OF THE CANE, I CAN SAFELY SAY THAT A CUSTOM CANE WITH A DEADLY PIERCING HORN CAN BE TAKEN ANYWHERE. I JUST BROUGHT ONE TO EUROPE. BE WELL, BE SAFE