Best game of all time?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Van Zandt, Jan 17, 2015.

?

Best game of all time?

1. Donkey Kong (1981)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Super Mario Bros. (1985)

21.7%
  3. Legend of Zelda (1986)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)

4.3%
  5. Street Fighter II (1991)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Resident Evil (1996)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Final Fantasy VII (1997)

8.7%
  8. GoldenEye 007 (1997)

8.7%
  9. Tekken 3 (1997)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. StarCraft (1998)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Metal Gear Solid (1998)

4.3%
  12. Halo (2001)

17.4%
  13. World of Warcraft (2004)

4.3%
  14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)

4.3%
  15. Portal (2007)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Mass Effect 2 (2010)

8.7%
  17. Batman: Arkham City (2011)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Skyrim (2011)

8.7%
  19. The Last of Us (2013)

4.3%
  20. Grand Theft Auto V (2013(

4.3%
  1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I actually voted for Mass Effect 2 :)

That said, Halo was the first (and thus far only) game I played for 24 hours straight.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think Halo 2 set a standard for Live play

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Which was topped by Battlefield 3 in 2011.

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'm finding Shadowrun pretty cool right now.

This list is very hard to decide on, how the bell do you compare something like Sonic to Mass Effect or The Last of Us to GTA?

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

have you tried dragonfalll yet? it's heaps better than the already excellent original campaign. they're currently doing an extra funding kickstarter for the next one too (set in hong kong)

6. Dean Winchester

Playing both on my tablet.

I've had them on Steam for a while but my son is always on the bloody PC. :D

7. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Super Mario Bros, all the way!!!!!!!!!! :)

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It did, but I still think Halo: CE was the better game. It's one of the few FPS I can continuously play the campaign of time and time again and never get bored of it.

9. Moi

It made the Xbox. I know it's the reason my son got one and I learned to play it as he was too young & needed help. That didn't last long

10. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Halo and Unreal Championship were the two main reasons I bought a Xbox. Splinter Cell was the reason I kept it.

Oh and Chaos Theory should be on this list. Best stealth game ever made.

11. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I'm rather surprised to not see planescape torment on that list, nor Zelda: ocarina of time, but on that list my vote would have to go to FFVII.

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looking at the Wikipedia article for video gaming in 2015 and the horizon is a bit barren for "epic" titles. With the exception of maybe Battlefield Hardline and Batman: Arkham Knight, there isn't much there to get excited about.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

13. Dean Winchester

Witcher 3
    Uncharted 4
    MGS 5
    Halo 5

14. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

No Shogo? No vote.

15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Never played Witcher 1 or 2.

Can't remember Uncharted 1-3.

MGS ain't been the same since Sons of Liberty.

Halo 4 was pretty "meh" and I think 5 is an Xbox1 exclusive?

16. Moi

It is :( next purchase

17. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Witcher 3 promises to be a very different beast anyway
    The multi-player on Halo 4 is for me near perfect.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3v2H-4mdgM"]IGN's Most Anticipated Games of 2015 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOlcso0x3VM"]Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  18. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

No, but Hannibal's hatred of elves is so intense that he will now and make it his mission to end you.

19. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

For the depth of story/symbolism that surpassed most movies of the same year my vote goes for Bioshock and Ocarina of Time in equal measure. Bioshock because it made me literally put the controller down and take a breath in some parts, and Ocarina because the more I think about what each temple represented in game the more I'm convinced it was the pinnacle of gaming as an art form.

And for sheer hours of my life J sunk into it, Goldeneye. I still dust that off and play it sometimes, for god's sake, and I bought it when it first came out!

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I had extremely similar feelings to you actually. Bioshock didn't have quite the impact on me that it did for you but it was a very good game. I probably would have picked Metal Gear Solid 2 instead of Bioshock for the sheer impact the story line had on me (as well as giving me one of my favourite computer game villains of all time) as well as the entertainment value.

Goldeneye and Ocarina of time though were just classics of their time...that happened to still be fun to play years later. I actually downloaded Ocarina of Time onto my Wii so I could play it again and even my daughter loved it.

Also, it was four years after I first played Ocarina of Time that I finally completed it. The Water Temple stumped me for years. Perfect example of how not to pay attention to your environment :p.