Best and Worst Uniforms/Gi's in MA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MarcoPolo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I like my TKD dobok, it's really free moving and unrestrictive. I haven't done any other MA so I can't really comment on functionality of other uniforms. However, appearance-wise, the kuk sool won ones wouldn't be my first choice, ditto the silky wu shu stuff. ;) :D

2. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Dude, those are WTF uniforms....

3. Downstroke

Downstroke New Member

dunno about that, they might be the same style, but I've never seen any Kukikwan certified TKDists ever wearing a coloured silk dobok. I'll agree that they're neither karate gi's either.

4. matbla

matbla Banned Banned

me in my old karate suit from matt blake

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  5. soon

soon New Member

Deadly!

6. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

here's a picture of two different KSW black belt doboks (fancy on the kneeling guy, non-fancy on the girl)
    [​IMG]

And here's one of a regular KSW dobok (not perfect, but best I could do)
    [​IMG]

7. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

I can "just" about get away with the white trimmed outfit but what the hell???

[​IMG]

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The WTF logo is under the "V" at the neck. I've never seen colored WTF unis before.

9. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

Those two are the Masters Harmon from Houston. They are both 8th degree blackbelts. It is the same Generals uniform. The only difference is the colors as they symbolize rank. The silver only outline means 1-3 degree. The silver and read signifies 4th degree. The red trim signifies Masters at the 5-6 degree level. The gold and red that you see in the previous post signifies Masters at the 7-8th degree. The gold trim (found on Chief Master) symbolizes the 9th degree and our 10th degree Grandmaster has a seperate uniform. If you are interested in some of the Harmon's history...here is an article from Tae Kwon Do Times...
    http://ourworld.cs.com/kuksoolcl/schoolmasters.htm
    BTW, Archery is one of the Kuk Sool Weapons taught.

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I think those are slick ;) :)

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the best?

sprawls and a rashguard.

12. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

you mean you dont???
    i prefer a t-shirt and dobok pants (and some underwear and my belt)

13. TraditionalTKD

TraditionalTKD New Member

I could not see practicing in a Kuk Sool Won uniform. It just seems restricting, as well as a few other descriptions I won't print. One thing about the WTF dobok I like: It doesn't matter between a 1st Dan and a 9th Dan. You both wear the same uniform. My uniform is the same as Hae Man Park's (I know because I've seen it). There is no special uniform for Masters and Grandmasters.

14. SCP_Kensei

Yeah i've seent he Grandmaster's "uniform", AKA his gold and red silk pyjama's. You should be very proud, having Hugh Heffner as your Grandmaster.
    [​IMG]

15. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

How smart are these dudes! :eek:

Attached Files:

16. Kunoichi

Kunoichi Valued Member

Best for me is a good black gi. They're comfortable, look good and are durable.

Worst I've seen has to be the Mongolian wrestling outfit.

Attached Files:

17. SCP_Kensei

@pgm316

Wow, where is that? I've been looking for a gheyjutsu school for ages.

18. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

TELETUBBIES!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Would cost a fortune to get to Black belt! :D

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

hey, hey hey... no way would we strike those on humanity, they're hideous. definitely the creatin of some sick straight guy, trust me, we have better fashion sense!