Bellator 138

Discussion in 'MMA' started by belltoller, May 28, 2015.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sorry I wasn't clear, his starting point will be very different to your starting point, so the shape he is able to get into doesn't really apply to anyone else but him.

That's all, he's not a good representative sample.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Yeah, that is true. It's more of a motivational "it can be done" thing for me though I can't help wonder to what extent the PEDs have played a role.

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

PEDS play a huge part, all you have to do is look at the condition athletes who have been caught using are in as they get older to see how much they help keep you in shape as you get older, add to this the majority of kens fights were in Japan with no punches to the head, some matches were fixed, he took long breaks to work in wrestling etc, and its not a surprise that he is still in good shape at his age, plus the competition in the early ufcs was that good, he didn't take much damage in those early fights either

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

What icefield said.

Plus he's been in shape all his life.

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Yep, i powerlift with a guy who at 63 is still build like a brick outhouse, muscled like you would not believe and who bench's 130kg for reps raw and deads 270kg +, been tested his whole life and never failed, but he has been in shape all his life and been the best at his sport for close to 40 years

Whilst i admire him i know im never going to be him, some people are freaks and have a work ethic most could never match

Ken with or without PEDs would be another freak with an insane work ethic