Belfort/Ortiz announced for UFC 51.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Trent Tiemeyer, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

http://www.fcfighter.com/news.htm

"The post fight conference yielded its gems as well: Dana White openly chiding PRIDE officials for some kind of cross-over action between the two promotions, the announcement of UFC 51 to take place in Japan on December 12th, Vitor Belfort's slip that he'll headline that Japanese edition versus Tito Ortiz, and a few more tidbits to come in the next few days."

Both need this win. I see they are already counting out Mezger.

2. Adam

Adam New Member

I wanna see this fight! After both having fallen from grace, these two guys both HAVE to win to regain any part of their former glory, so I hope they both come out looking for the kill

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Awww now this shall be good to see! :D It's goint to be taking place in Japan?! Ooh the excitement is building already lol.

Doesn't look like there's alot of faith in Megzer winning against Tito really.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Hang on a minute - isn't Ortiz/ Mezger going down at UFC 50, then Tito's fighting Belfort at 51? I thought fighters weren't allowed to do consecutive events anymore
    EDIT: It'll be good to see Belfort again after reading this disturbing thread on Sherdog, thankfully he's OK and it was just someone yanking everyone's chain

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Some people are just really sick and twisted to post things like that...

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I know. It was really worrying to read because it was happening as I was following it, I kept hitting the refresh button and there were more posts. I can't believe someone would actually make something up like that, I mean why?
    As for the fight, they both really need this win, Vitor probably more than Tito, but on the strength of Vitor's last performance, I'll pick Tito, especially after doing a bit of training with Randy and Team Quest. Hopefully they'll have taught him a bit of class too

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah; i'd personally go with Tito on this one as well :)

8. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I hope Vitor wins this one. It would be a good fight tho.

9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

vitor is a great fighter and from what i can see a nice guy too. tito on the other hand is a good fighter who was hyped beyond his capabilities. it will be vitor who wins and then tito will fade into obscurity

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I agree Vitor is a great fighter. When he's on, he can beat anyone at any moment, his problem is that he's so flaky and inconsistent that the moments in which he can beat anyone are becoming fewer and farther in between. I'd love to see him do to Tito what he did to Silva all those years ago, but I just don't see it happening.
    If Mezger wins their fight at the UFC 50, does he fight Vitor at 51?