BAH reoccurring injuries!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tonyv107, Feb 8, 2011.

1. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Post your rants about any reoccurring injuries that are or have afflicted you in the past. I'll start.

Hurt my knee about two years ago in a work accident. Slight surface tear on my MCL and meniscus. Sometimes when rolling or doing certain throws/takedowns it feels like my knee is going to give. It gets swollen/sore etc. Luckily I haven't dislocated it yet.

My biggest issue is my gecko like toes! They seem to stick to the mat like glue. I've broken both pinky toes while rolling and sliding my foot to post. I've resorted to buddy taping them but every once in awhile I'll sprain them again which leaves me unable to plant that foot. Just sprained my left toe tonight and am currently icing it =[. Any pointers on my monkey toes?

Rant away folks!

PS if you didn't already know long hot baths are the best after a long hard training session! Foam rollers and ice aswell!

2. ChangNam

ChangNam Valued Member

U are only 23 and u have knee problems. I understand this was from a work. And not from training.. But anyway my friend welcome to the pain !! All MA tist's get injuries. And it can be a big problem from time to time.. I have 2 year's of Shootfighting behind me. Nothing to talk about. But i have been rolling allot my self. The worst for me was heavy/strong take downs. Because of lower back problems. But i never had any problem with my toes. Except blisters under my feats. From doing drills and bag work on hard concrete..

Try some kind of training sock. If the taping not work !! And not forget to warm up and do some stretching. Before u go to hard workouts or sparring/rolling with anyone..

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It's probably easier for me to list the joints that don't have problems. :(
    My knees are OK....erm...right elbow works well enough...that's about it.
    I have weak joints.

5. ChangNam

ChangNam Valued Member

Why and how long have u had weak joints ?? When i hear about weak joints. Do i think about and know. That u maybe have dry joints. Can this be true,or is it something different behind it ??

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've always been naturally flexible. Hypermobile in some ways.
    I did my back in once and when I went for physio the physio said that the only person she'd seen with more mobility than me was a ballerina.

This meant that I could kick head height and get almost into the splits with no warm up from day one (which helped me with TKD no end) but also means my joints seem prone to injury as they lack resilience.
    So now I have various niggles and aches.
    Without a doubt I should be doing some remedial weight training (strengthen all those ligaments and connective tissues) but I find it boring and don't have the time and or/space.

7. ChangNam

ChangNam Valued Member

You sounds like a plastic man to me :hat:. To bad hearing about ur joints. Have u been using any supplements for ur joints ? If u have dry joints. Do some say it's good to use Creatine. Because u will retain some water. And this is good for ur joints. And some say Creatine will not help. I just had to ask u.