Bagua, Shou Dou, Chi Kugn, Kung Fu

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Taglit, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Taglit

Taglit New Member

Hi, Everybody!!!
    Recently, about 6 months ago, I started practice Bagua and Shou Dau. Now, I'm involved in these martual arts and getting deeper and deeper every day.
    I'll be glad to be in touch with people who practices Bagua, Shou Dau, Chi Kan as well as other Martial Arts.
    It will be more exciting if somebody, who practices such martial arts, lives in San Diego, California, because I'm from this sity and we'll be able, may be, to get together some day. May be someone knows such people in San Diego and can introduce me to them.

Take care

2. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

i'm in Portland Oregon and I'm training some myself!!

just finishe the Yiang style form, I do a lot of Yichuan and Qigung but I'm not allowed to get into Baghua until I finish the chen and arn styles...

better get some private lessons soon, need to accelerate some learning...

peace

3. SliqueRICK

SliqueRICK The Internal Boxer

xingyiquan and im learning dragon bagua and yang tai chi through tapes from wle.com

4. Snakescales

Snakescales New Member

cali people

Hey Taglit, I'm not in san diego but I'm in pasadena so I'm right in the LA area about 2 hours from you. I'm a chinese medicine student though I practice kickboxing but I have a friend coming to live with me from my old hometown in Virginia that's done Bagua for a few years, it's a bit more of a trek but I certainly wouldn't mind the sparring or training with someone of a different martial arts background and I'm sure you'd have a lot to talk about with my friend. Email me or I'll just message you my AIM nickname/number, always glad to meet with someone and talk/train martial arts.

-Andres

5. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

what area of san diego? i'm in southbay..near the border

6. bagchun

bagchun New Member

Bagua

Hey everyone, I'm a Bagua and Wing Chun practitioner, hence the corny name bagchun. I'm in love with these two styles.
    The Bagua I learned is Yin Fu Style, my Sifu(Jason Tsou, a great teacher) also refered to it as Swimming body style. It's a very deep stanced tough to learn system that is
    very direct and results oriented in its fighting approach.
    The silk reeling energy training exercises are some of my favorite for developing explosive penetrating power.

I learned Wing Chun from Sifu Wong in Glendale. another skilled teacher.
    I can't get enough of these two arts, mostly because they are so similar in many respects.
    ie: Both "soft" arts, centerline theory, short quick attacks, disipating hard energy, and sticky and
    listening(tactile sensitivity) energy, the list goes on.

I find it awesome that even though the training methods differ, the end results are very similar.

7. Shibumi

Shibumi Valued Member

Bagua

Hi,

I live in SD.
    Although I study karate, our instructures don't really belive in styles so I've had contacts with bagua, white crane, taichi, chi gong, boxing, jujutsu, kobudo and iaido all in the context of our own style.
    I'd love to hear more about bagua since all that I learn was to "walk the circle".
    Cheers

8. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Bagua is what I would love to be doing, but haven't had much formal instruction on it. Learned some basics and circle walking a few years ago, but that's it. Got some good vids to refresh my memory though :D

9. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

What is Shou Dau and Chi Kan? I feel like they might be something I know of, but just don't recognize the spelling :(

10. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Good lord, just realized you dug up a 4 year old thread, lol.