back in training and man do my feet hurt

Discussion in 'Karate' started by qbushido, Dec 2, 2003.

1. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

after an hour of sanchin stance last night my feet are killing me!!!

any suggestions as to how strengthen the muscles in your feet?

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Kgirl? I know your out there :D:p

qbushido, I think only thing you need to focus right now is rest 'em ;)

Tey will get used to it as you practise more.

|Cain|

3. qbushido

yea I figured as much, I went through the same thing when I started training years ago

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know your pain, the first day back after a 3 month layoff I broke my big toe, real bummer....get someone who knows how to massage feel or accupressure....it'll work wonders...

5. qbushido

Yea I understand, I've fractured bones in the top of my foot 4 times, 2 on each foot, its stinks.

6. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I recently blew out my wrestling shoes, and have resorted to training barefoot. Blisters have made their presence known.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  7. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Do more Sanchin, not sure about Goju but in Uechi we build strength with Sanchin. ( Yeah and rest them and rub some tiger balm on them)

8. qbushido

tiger balm and feet, now that must be a unique stink!!!

9. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Yes, very if you have clean feet.Jk

10. thekingster

thekingster New Member

You guys really sold on tiger balm? Is it really good...never had the opportunity to try it.

11. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Tiger Balm?! Bah! Be a real man or women..or whatever.:D

my suggestion from a former karateka practioner is to (what the other ppl said) rest your feet then do some more when your feet are better.

heres what i did:
    30 min of practicing
    rest
    20 min of practicing
    PATATO CHIPS
    sleep :D

12. qbushido

I've been out of town on biz since the last workout and am heading home tonight so I'll try and catch a flight early enough to make the dojo, we will see how the feets feel tomorrow

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Cain, you cheeky litte...... :Angel:

What's the pain exactly, is it muscular, or just being sore from the dojo floor? I started training again week ago, and the first thing I felt when I got home was my feet hurting.

Soak them in some warm water for 20 minutes after class, it'll relax the muscles. Tiger Balm on your feet might not be wise, (unless its a very mild mix) try something like peppermint or tea tree oil or cream.

I never have bad feet from doing Sanchin, it seems to affect my stomach muscles more than anything.

14. qbushido

yea its just muscle soreness for the feet having to do more then thier standard walk everyday. I'll live, though it helps to know I am not the only one.

15. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

i remember asking my sensei about this once and he told me that it was from muscles that haven't been used a whole lot. I don't know if thats the case.

16. Afro

Afro New Member

try exercizing ur toe's by puttin them in each kick form u can think of and gust try and keep goin in to sanchin for a coupel of miunets a day but this is arfter ur feet recover

17. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

qbushido

All you need is "heitur pottur".
    Wisit one and you will be ready for the next round.

Regards Kerling

18. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

When I started karate. My feet were really sore every class, the skin on the bottom would rip, and it was really painful. After a while, you will get used to it and also the skin on the bottoms of ur feet will be so hard after a while.