Back from the dead to eat your brains

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by finite monkey, Mar 18, 2012.

1. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

So, whats your favourite zombie movie?

There is some dross out there, but some great movies sprinckled in

Personally, mine is Colin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtQGo5BlaY"]Colin Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=ZPfShkbkNf8

I like it because it deals with the thorny issue of undead love. It is essentially a zombie love story

Watch it!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

prob 28 days later

3. finite monkey

Great movie

4. Ozma

Ozma Valued Member

Shaun of the dead :D

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

WAY too many in my personal collection, let alone the others I have seen....

The original "Night of the Living Dead" is still classic, as is "Day of the Dead" (although that is also a dark, claustrophbic movie. In an almost blaspheming statement I prefer the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" to the original.

"Shawn of the Dead" is still a great zombie movie, despite being a comedy, as is "Zombieland".

"The Dead Pit" is an unusual one, although it is a blend of genres.

Fulci's "Zombie Flesh Eaters" was very well directed and is a genre classic too....shark vs zombie ftw!!

So in answer to your question, no idea!

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Zombieland. Love that film.

7. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Also Zombieland :)

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Like Hannibal, I've seen way too many to count (or rank). So instead of listing Romero for the umpteenth time or debating whether "28 Days" counts as zombies, here's three I've seen that may not be as common:

1) Dance of the Dead: Comedy about prom being ruined by zombies
    2) Rammbock: German-language movie; zombies in Berlin
    3) Dead Snow: Swedish(?) movie featuring Nazi zombies

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Dead Snow - great, great film!

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Dead Snow turned my stomach. Not the zombies of course. But when that lass sucks that bloke's fingers on the kharzy. Dirty girl.

11. finite monkey

Zombie Natzis you say?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QIiVS_7Hs"]Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (Full Length) - YouTube[/ame]

12. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Shaun of the Dead was funny, but Zombie Land is hilarious.
    The original Resident Evil was one of my favourite movies, and not only because of Mila Jovovitich.
    Does Army of Darkness count? Its not really zombies but it is THE best undead movie evvvvveeerrrr.

13. Devildog2930

Devildog2930 Teneo vestri ego.

Brain dead absolute genius :)

14. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I forgot about Evil Dead 2 and Brain dead xD "I kick **** for the Lord" will never be beaten (though the zombie celebrity guest in Zombieland does come close in terms of unexpected awesomeness)

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yeah, there was a lot of gruesome in that scene, even before the undead turn up.

16. finite monkey

Watched Return of the Living Dead part 2. Quite funny in parts

Solid performance from the kid

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Most recent one I've seen was a British flick called "Devil's Playground." Danny Dyers and Craig Fairbrass. All the standard zombie fare in this: People getting infected and keeping mum about it, backstabbing amongst the survivors, loved ones opting to stay behind because they've been bitten, etc. That said, very well done. Look for cameos from genre regulars Colin Salmon and Sean Pertwee.

18. finite monkey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OYltrLxfY"]Devil's Playground (2010) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Looks good

19. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Seriously? You guys LIKED "Dead Snow"? I thought it was lame. A few amusing scenes of Nazi zombies getting hacked up didn't really make up for that. Plus the fact that there were three hot chicks but no actual nudity.

Night of the Living Dead was cool. Partly because the interaction between characters was believable, but largely because it has Patricia Tallman in it.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The original "Night of the Living Dead" is still my favorite for many reasons, as is the original "Dawn of the Dead". "Shaun of the Dead" and "Zombieland" are likewise immensely funny.

On a martial arts forum, I'm surprised no one's mentioned "Versus".