Back at it - my log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Bigmikey, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

bronze medal is good :) Grats Mike. :)

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

*waits till champ-pain sees this*

3. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Why, did one of his students win the gold?:hat:

4. Fish Of Doom

how do you hip-toss or armbar a wooden board?

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

FOD you so crazy

6. Fish Of Doom

inorite?

7. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

You dont. You smash them into tiny, shattered and broken pieces and then stand over them and taunt them with all your might!!!! I love killing wood!

8. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Mikey been beating wood again?

Serious props though big guy, bronze is awesome as is breaking stuff with all kinds of crazy spiny flying kicks, I wouldn't have a hope in hell of learning that stuff and I'm many years your junior :evil:

I bet people are shocked when they see a guy your size moving like that!

Looking forward to the pics bud.

9. Fish Of Doom

problem is then you get mourning wood all the time.

10. Bigmikey

Thanks brother!!! I gotta get that picture the gentleman took today. It was impressive as hell - and I usually never say that kinda stuff about myself.

11. Bigmikey

BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!! LMFAO!

12. Osu BigMikey,

Great job on the breaking and even better in your post telling us how it went.
    Glad to see that you learned something :)

OSu!

13. Bigmikey

Ok been absent a while. The tourney threw my schedule off and then Jen (the wifey) being in the hospital didnt help any. So tonight is back at it.

Before I start I'll say I'm REALLY not into this tonight but I have to get back on the horse here. Given that I'm not sure what this is going to turn into in terms of workout intensity or durtion but at this point anything is better than nothing. So lets get started....

Triangle handle pulldowns: 120x15, 140x12, 160x7
    Wide grip lat pulldowns: 130x10 (that was a LOT of biceps for some reason, so I'm going to drop a bit and see if I can isolate back a little more), 120x10 (that was better), 120x9
    Seated short bar rows: 90x15, 110x15, 130x10

Reverse curls: 75x9, 8, 7
    Seated, incline dumbell hammer curls: 30x10, 35x8, 40x8 (used a little rest/pause on 7 & 8)
    standing dumbell curls:35x10, 40x8, 35x9, 30x9

There it is. It aint much but I'm TOAST. Good lord. I have legs for the first time on Thursday with chest and tris to follow on Saturday. Lets see how that goes. I'm moving chest this week because we have a special training day at my school Saturday during the day and I dont want to be sore for it so I'll come home, rest, recover and tear it up later in the day.

14. seiken steve

Awesome, the lat pull down is a strange one, some days it's all lats other days I cant feel a thing.

Do you ever deadliest on back day or was it too much for a first session back?

15. seiken steve

Awesome, the lat pull down is a strange one, some days it's all lats other days I cant feel a thing.

Do you ever deadliest on back day or was it too much for a first session back?

16. Bigmikey

I like doing deads by themselves actually but I have done them on back day. Yesterday I didnt trust myself to try them.

Though to be honest, I love SLDLs or Romanian deads better than regular deads.

17. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

I used to do SLDLs. I have come to really appreciate the traditional deadlift for its shear brutality. They have even replaced squats as my favorite. I truly believe that they are the single best lift for any martial art, but they do tax the system greatly if done right as I am sure you can relate.

18. Bigmikey

Oh man, thats no lie. Thats one reason I used to like doing them on their own day. Back in the day I'd do standing barbell military presses and deadlifts on their own day every few weeks. It was a hell of a workout to be honest. Maybe I should think about bringing that back again...... hhhmmmm......

19. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Deadlifts are excellent! So you had a day of just deadlifting Mikey? I assume it wasn't 3 sets of 10?

20. Bigmikey

LOL, it was militarys AND deads! Nope, not just 3 sets of ten. I'd usually save that day for a weekend prior to taking a little time off. It was awesome.