Ba Gua Videos?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Infrazael, Mar 1, 2006.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

yeah me too jabber, har, har! :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Hi all,

Master Su dong Chen and his Essence of evolution system. (ba gua, xing yi, taiji)

disciple of Hung Yi Sheng ... Hungs top fighter. LOTS AND LOTS of real world experience ... literally one of the best internal martial artists in the public eye today and one of the best known fighters in Japan (by both the general public and the Yakuza).

For anyone that has read Esoteric warriors by alex kozma, this is the guy that Serge Augier trained with and said was one of the best fighters he had met. (the guy that takes the knife off serge when he was training and cut his arm saying that he wasnt affraid of knives!!!)

I have the DVD that this footage comes from. This clip is about movement. He is slapping the guys gently to show where and how the hits could come ... Later in the DVD he unloads some full power strikes on three guys bracing a shipping pallet with a kick bag on it and the whole lot is moving back ....

he is very good ... ;)

cheers
    Chris

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I think he was just teaching movement though. When you are teaching people to walk you walk yourself, not run. If you are teaching someone to throw you do just that, not confuse matters by making them break their arm and take them out with a jumping elbow drop to the solar plexus. Leave that till they have the throw down.

People would be concentrating on the striking and the hurting rather than the evading.

**edit**

Read middleways reply, he was teaching movement.

4. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

What Chris says is true about Su laoshi. He is and was a serious baddazz. He introduced my teacher to Hong laoshi.

5. averan

averan New Member

lol!

it is clear that he has internal power.

maybe what i should be addressing is the observation that there seem to be 2 separate schools of thought:

1. striking.
    2. throwing.

i'd just like to see more people using both. i'd like to see more strikers use multiple flowing combinations using sequential body parts then closing with a throw if possible--taking him to the ground or launching him toward another attacker. and i'd like to see more throwers using strikes to help ward off multiple attackers.

that's all.

the guy is great. he really kicks ass. he can beat up all the yakuza with one hand. :D

6. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

If it's the vids I think it is, they are a series. Striking, attacking, throwing.

7. middleway

middleway Valued Member

yeh there is essence of attacking, defending, striking and throwing.

Very good videos ... but all in Japanese Unfortunately.

:D

cheers
    Chris

8. averan

averan New Member

makes more sense now that i know he is purposely showing only a single aspect.....

helps to have things put into context.