Awesome New Silat Video!!

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Bobster, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

Hi everybody;

I have just purchased & reviewed the new video by Bambang Suwanda, the late Pendekar Herman Suwanda's younger brother, and it rocks. This is actually TWO tapes, combined into a single cassette. The younger Suwanda covers various Djurus & sambuts from Ulin Suliwa, Many Sarung techniques, and Sabetan knife defenses. But the pinnacle of the whole deal is the last 30 minutes: Kembangan. Pendekar Bambang covers three different flower dance styles, and his motion is incredible to see. Although no one can replace Pak Herman, Bambang acquits himself well, and is a credit to the Suwanda clan. Some techniques were things that I had seen from Pa Herman before, but Bambang's interpetation was great, and he offered different solutions than Pak's.

The tape is a bit pricey at $80.00, and Bambang doesn't speak english very well. However, This isn't really a deterrent, because good technique really speaks for itself, and Bambang is no disappointment. In Pak Herman's earlier videos this was also the case, and that didn't really affect them, either.

In my opinion, the tape is well worth the price, (bear in mind, it's TWO tapes sold as one) and a valuable addition to my collection.

Bobbe Edmonds

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  2. monyetguy

monyetguy New Member

where did you get the video I'm very interested in betting a copy

3. bernie

bernie New Member

Aloha !

Please email me and leave a message via my profile here and I will send you the info. Mahalo

Bernie