Avoid fightshop.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Incredible Bulk, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

I ordered and paid through PayPal on the 5th of February the following items to be received before my MMA fight on the 17th February.

1 X Pair of Anklets
    1 X Pair Boot Shin Guards
    1 x fight shorts
    2 x pair Handwraps

On the 8th I received an email from the warehouse manager stating that the shin pads were out of stock.
    I gave him the action of sending out the rest of the order now and sending the shin pads later and he confirmed on the telephone he would do this and I would receive the first part of the order on Monday or Tuesday.

I waited until Tuesday 12th and nothing arrived so I phoned the warehouse manager again. He apologised and said that he would send the order out by courier.

Wednesday 13th and nothing had arrived so I phoned again for an apologetic warehouse manager to inform me that the anklets and wraps were sent out by Royal Mail by mistake, it was then I was told that the fight shorts were also sold out.
    I needed MMA shorts for my fight and was surprised that nobody had told me the shorts were also unavailable, I had the warehouse manager send me out another pair by a different brand and different colour.
    He said he would throw in some boxing hand wraps as an apology.

Thursday 14th I received my fight shorts by courier with 2 pairs of boxing hand wraps (not the black ones I had ordered though).

Thinking my 'Royal Mail' shipment from the 13th would have arrived on the weekend or been delivered today I discover that nothing had been delivered.
    I phone up to again and he was not present so I spoke to the manager to settle this matter.
    It it then I discover that the anklets were also out of stock.
    I had been fed a lie about this Royal Mail shipment just to buy some time....

I am in possession of a pair of fight shorts that are I don't particularly like (due had to having settle for on short notice) and some hand wraps.

I am still awaiting:

Shin pads
    Anklets
    2x pair Black hand wraps (stretch)

After talking to the manager this week he was full of promises that i would get my delivery today (friday 22nd) and an email tracker for the courier.
    He said he'll throw in some MMA board shorts to make up for this....

Alas, nothing arrived friday and i phone them up to be greeted with a voice mail that the shipment has just arrived and therefore nobody will be able to take telephone calls, back orders will be dispatched tomorrow or monday meaning i have to wait until next week.

Alas...monday and nothing!

avoid this company

2. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Joke, sorry to hear all this, one good thing to come out of it is you can warn us from ever using them. ;)

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

March on down there and choke them out.

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

lol

I think we should assemble a MAP army and go take all that is BULKS!

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

They sound rather like Amazon! But unlike Amazon, at least you can contact them and get some kind of explanation of what's going wrong - even if it doesn't really help! :rolleyes:

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Amazon have only ever been great with me and I must be closing in on triple figures for stuff I have ordered from them. Same for play.com.
    This sounds like a genuine case of poor customer service. I would actually drop them a note that you have raised this issue here as it might get dealt with a little better. Sounds like a decent free gift though.

7. narcsarge

LOL! Or contact the TapOut gang and have them stroll in there, TV cameras in tow, and video Incredible Bulk trying to get an explaination. When no explaination is forthcoming, the TapOut guys will give IB a bunch of free stuff and remove all mention of their products from the fightshop! :D

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I just recieved a full refund from Amazon for TOS cables that never arrived. I like them.

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Well to be fair, I did use Amazon quite a lot for at least two years with no problems at all. But once the service started to go downhill it went down like Eddie the Eagle! (And it wasn't just me - other members of my family had problems at the same time.) I haven't used them since, so for all know they might well have improved - but I have no intention of using them again personally. Whether it's a small business or a national chain, if I get really bad service I don't go back - EVER.

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I told you Bulky that I work about 10 miles from their warehouse,so for a reasonable fee......................................... ;) :p

11. narcsarge

Oh do it IB! Let the Panda loose! :D

12. Moi

13. Incredible Bulk

love the signature!

largest selection, we wont tell you if its in stock though...but pay for it and roll the dice, see if your lucky.

next day UK service, you'll need Mystic Meg to predict if its been sent out or not and by next day delivery we actually mean next month.

14. Incredible Bulk

i'm about to go through this process... the guy had good feedback but has been messing up his last few dozen orders. i checked how to get my money back and stumbled across the small print thta amazon only let you claim your money back 8 times ever.

so if your scammed 8 times your screwed

15. Moi

Never seen that. I nearly got scammed on EBay once but your bank can call back a payment for up to 10 days for a tenner, so I did that.

16. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Up until late last year I would sing the praises of Play.com but they sent me an obviously used PSP game in a damaged case that was smashed with the sleeve torn and instruction book mauled. I used their form thingy on their returns page only to not receive any reply for ages.

They finally sent me a returns number and they said they'll send me my replacement within 7 days. That was 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for my replacement...

I have since ordered other items from them and according to the relevant pages on the website the items are listed as not available until 1st February 2008 - it's the 25th now and the items are readily available in all good shops! :confused:

However, I'm going to avoid fightshop.com and look elsewhere for my MMA shorts needs...

17. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Then again, if you come back after getting screwed 8 times you kinda deserve to get robbed.

18. Incredible Bulk

just spoke to the manager (again) and i'm assured it will be with me tomorrow by 3pm.

why am i not convinced?

19. narcsarge

Pull my finger and it will play Jingle Bells! ;)

I understand how you feel mate. Sorry you have to deal with this and have little to show for your work but empty promises...

20. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

If you have all your facts straight and have details of who you spoke to, when, why, about what exactly, have emails and the like then it's time to contact the Office of Fair Trading...