australian post import laws

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by 5thBrother, Jul 22, 2005.

1. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

if my uncle send me some weapons such as this, and daggers, like 3 or 4

http://www.maelstromcore.com/weapons/images/pinuti.jpg

is there be a problem with australian post office / police?

OR where can i buy such weapons in australia? most martial arts supply places i seen have no good stuff if any just replica samurai sword and nunchaku....

for people that train filo and indo art.. have u had a trouble with getting weapons for training or do u know supplier in australia

we make do with machete and stuff form camping shop but its nice to have the "tools" of ur art if u know what i mean...

or who should i ask about such matter... going to ask my post office lady on monday, but any advice helpful.

thanking you~

2. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

you might want to try calling up australian customs. i'm pretty sure that's the best authority on the import/export laws in your country. just a thought.

-nico-

3. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Good advice... you wouldn't want to lose your nice sword to customs now would you...

4. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

Thanks.

just what i wanted to know. australian customs i will ask.

thanks again~

5. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

no problem. anytime. :)

-nico-

6. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

Aussie customs are pretty rugged. A bunch of eskrimadors and jkd players from NZ went to Oz last year for the Inosanto seminars (amongt other stuff...) A couple of friends of mine got thier *wooden* training dagas confiscated out of their packed luggage (*not* carry-on) by customs, despite identifying themselves as martial artists, and having a bunch of training gear on-board (gloves, focus pads etc...) Didn't help they were heavily pierced and tattooed though...

That same trip, I went to a bar in Sydney, and had to go through a metal detector. Probably not that uncommon in some countries, but quite unusual for a kiwi boy. (Didn't get my dulodulo though!)