Atemi!

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by AIKIDO_WORKS!, Sep 21, 2003.

1. aikinoob

aikinoob noobism is curable

well, we have a pretty small class as it is. attendance at max is only 8 -10 people. fortunately for me 2 of them happen to have 10+ years of experience in aikikai. also, i live in a fairly small town, so large attendance isn't expected.

i'm not sure what you're referring to with regards to a counter i'm being shown, but i plan on working more palm strikes as "planned" techniques.

2. master35

master35 New Member

thanx for the info man. :)
    the reason i ask this is if having taken an exam for a higher belt one could relate to the understanding of a technique that he has execute for more than hundred times. But not to his fighting ability w/c many practitioners dont want to talk in this forum(me included but also been mis-interpreted of asking question to aikido vs....) :) . And yes i dont believe in belts could save lives :) . As the famost Pat Morita would say(Karate Kid): "Belt? only use to tie trousers!" :D .

but if you have attain a dan in an art then because of some mental preparation you have to undergo w/c has similarity to other aikido schools then one could relate to your mental understanding of the art. :)

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Grading systems are only relevant to the school or style that system was created for. For example a 3rd dan in aikikai aikido will train to a different standard as a 3rd dan in ki aikido. I wouldn't say either one was better just looking at their grades on paper. They both train in the art of aikido from almost totaly different perspectives. There's no direct rule for comparison because each school of thought has different expectations of it's students.

Given that grades can't really be compaired properly it's almost pointless to ask.

4. Budd

Budd Valued Member

I agree with aikiwolfie and also submit that even within the context of your own organization, being of lower rank than someone else doesn't necessarily invalidate your opinion over theirs. What should be noted, though, is that depending on rank, seniority, etc. someone else's opinion (and in many cases, rightfully so) may be given more consideration. However, in a good school with a competent instructor, they are not going to side with the brown belt that talks about throwing chi balls to defeat their enemies -- even if you are a white belt. :)

5. master35

master35 New Member

you got me all wrong again man were not talking of who best or whos dojos great. im taliking about the comradery of same belt levels. thats why you could not understand what im talking about. You are comparing everything! its you thats comparing everything! :( your always giving arguements to old guys! HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  6. master35

master35 New Member

sir i'm talking about comradery between same belts. i listen to all the belt but the problem is this... example like you i bet you didn't understand what i wrote and just defended aikiwolf like what you do in all the trends. :( you always 2nd demotion him like i agree with aikiwolf this and that always.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO I almost choked on my shreddies when I read this LMAO!!! ... falls over turning blue !!!!

And oh yeah budd is my bitch now....my widdle fluffy floppy eard bitch bunny LMAO...

Uh master my post wasn't really about "getting you". It's was more a general statement. But on that point you do seem to be one of the increasing number of people on here who don't speak English as a first language.

This is unfortunate because you generally sound like you're asking for an orange when you wanted a banana. And just because you put the question in caps, I'm 25 and I'll turn 26 on the 21st of July.

Now of course budd should agree with everything I say. I'm always right. :cool:

8. Budd

Budd Valued Member

See, that's what you say until I counter with my ukemi and choke your **** out! Or snap your arm, or shin kick you in the head . . .

LMAO!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*sputter*choke*

*taps*

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO see Budd never dissagrees with me. :D LMAO!!!

10. master35

master35 New Member

what does LMAO mean?
    and yes i could not talk or understand inglesh that much.

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO = Laughs My Ass Off

Aaaaaaah no english that explains alot. Well good luck learning then :D

12. master35

master35 New Member

are you a scot? do you use underwear under your kilts?

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yes I'm scottish but I've never actually worne a kilt. Underwear is optional.