arrogance is the opposite of faith

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by justinksw, Aug 3, 2005.

1. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

2. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

It certaintly takes a dig at GWB using Christian faith...

..to justify what he is doing in iraq. And ironicly from a person preaching in the Christian faith. Ouchh !! He certainly seems very strongly opposed to what is going on in his country and what GWB is doing- I guess also justified concerning the arguments he is giving. And it makes sense that ppl will loose their faith in Religion and Christianity if it is abused like that. Which he also doesn't seem to like. At least it proves that not every person in the US is for Bush and his policies ! Good enough for me ! :)

Christian

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Several American MAP members were very vocal about supporting candidates other than Bush in the last election.

4. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

Well that article was a breath of fresh air to read, somebody who's faith hasn't hindered his ability to think and reason for himself. He's adopted the good that religion has to offer, and discerned the harmful crap that should be discarded. He is a perfect example of the type of religious people that I have absolutely no issues with. Fundamentalists though are very very scary and borderline whackjob people.

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

(Well, shucks, I spoke out against Bush on this forum too.)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  6. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

This is exactly how I felt about it. I love that a man of faith came forward and *gasp* spoke ill of GWB and his actions. :)

7. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

Not an article I would agree with.

And why would people call some a whackjob and say they are scary because they are a fundamentalist? Is it the, tolerate everyone unless I really disagree with them in which case I will call them wackos, idea?

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

What a great article. The minister of the church I attend has been censured by the HQ of the church because of his outspoken views on the war in Iraq and george bush. Its nice to know there are other "christians" out there who don't fall in lockstep behind bush and his gang.