Arcade

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Jun 30, 2004.

?

Next Game

Poll closed Jul 7, 2004.
  1. Duck Hunt

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Tie Fighter

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Frogger

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

There are going to be some changes to how we run the Arcade. We think these will make the arcade more fun for everyone.

Probably the biggest change is that the high score table will be wiped on a monthly basis. This will let anyone have a chance at achieving a top 10 high score. To keep yourself at number 1 will obviously require a bit more work! This will normally happen on the 1st day of each month, but I will delay it a week in July to allow people to take screenshots of their precious scores if they desire!

Every three months we will drop the least popular game, and have a vote for which game will replace it. In July, we are going to drop the bottom 3 games, and replace it with one from the following list :

Duck Hunt
    Frogger
    Tie Fighter

Finally, we are also considering only letting members use the arcade once they have reached a certain number (50?) of posts. This will not affect existing members.

Let us know what you think of these changes, and vote now for the game you prefer.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Great Idea.

I think 50 Posts is about right.

I vote for Duck Hunt.

As I am an existing Champion, I need to cry now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT:
    P.S. Why not separately save/display just the 'Highest Ever' score for each game, as well as the monthly 'league table'? - Just a thought. :cry:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I for one support all the above mentioned ideas. I think you are doing a great job [​IMG]

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Yeah i like this idea means the arcade won't become stale poor grifter goes off to boot camp and you take away all his high scores thats sick though :D.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

i was just thinking about suggesting wiping the high scores every so often, like once a quarter, and was going to post it as soon as i came online. what happens? the staff think along the same lines as me :)

bwahahahaha poor grifter wont know where all his high scores have gone when he gets back from boot camp :D

i like JohnnyX's idea of having highest score ever on a separate list, like the "most online users ever" thing.

a suggestion for future games: how about a pool/billiards type game, possibly like blast billiards?

:)

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Maybe games that have fixed High Score that lots of people seem to be able to get, should have a limited 'life cycle'.

For example:

Penguin Bashing - 71 High Scores!
    Hexxagon - Looks like it might be heading the same way.

Cheers. :)

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

the Penguin Clouting (Bashing) high score was got within an hour of the upgrade if i remember correctly, and i still cant get the extra point to the it :cry: aw sod it...

*goes back to blastbilliards* :)

8. hongkongfuey

Oh dear - I've just lost my life!

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

wha?? :confused:

10. TKDIreland

TKDIreland TKDIreland Kicks Ass!!

Duck Hunt

11. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Good thinking Iam voting tie-fighter. dont have a clue about any of the games though

12. hongkongfuey

You shouldn't have told me about blastbilliards. Now all site upgrades are on hold until I have beaten level 15!

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

muhahahahahahaha

im stuck at level 6 on the latest version, bloody explosives in the middle :mad:

oh well, wait until monday (i think it is) for the next one to be uploaded then try that one :)

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I was torn between Duck Hunt and Frogger.

I went for Duck Hunt, because I may have a fighting chance of getting a decent score!

All I need now is a MAP compatible gun... though maybe thats a bad idea :D

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

wha?! sarah with a gun?! :eek::eek:

*legs it away from MAP.....*

16. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I think all the chnages sound like a good idea. Though Im with Johny on saving the highest score ever... and its nothing to do with my tetris score ;)

17. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

one thing...and i have to ask this...is it possible to beat senior moment on penguin swing? it's impossible to get over 3235, i've got that like 4 times and no high score... :cry:

18. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

With 71 scores of 3235, and none higher, it looks like it is not possible to beat senior moment, just equal the score.

19. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hi Admins,

So that I can have one last play of each, which 3 games are you dropping?

20. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Yeah, that's a great idea. But keep the all-time high scores on a separate table. Poor Grifter......:D