april fools ideas for my class

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cavallin, Mar 31, 2008.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hey! i am teaching tomorrow (year 7 who are about 11-12) and i want to play them a practical joke for april fools day. i will have another teacher in the room.
    i need something that wont take up too much time in the lesson, but it could go on during the lesson. (it's 2 hours long)

oh, and a suprise test is just boring!

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you mean as in school teaching? then of course the answer is martial arts! :p

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

you could cancel it. :D

4. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

Yes, School Classroom :) I Like The Sound Of Martial Arts...but In What Context!! Im Too Much Of A Good Girl To Know Any Good Pranks :)

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Tell them something ridiculous like there are aliens on the moon. A lot of easily influenced year 7s will believe it. The world is flat, something like that. Always goes down a treat. Incidentally, April 1 is tomorrow when I am still on holiday from school/work :)

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

spend the lesson teaching them how to fire chi balls out of their palms.

7. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Tell them you are an alien and were part of a secret UK cover up which involved the MoD, Billie Piper from Doctor Who (and Torchwood exists as does Doctor Who, but they make it fiction as we will not really understand) and say the film E.T is real as you know of someone who knows some from the Internet that they have actually witnessed this and was part of the filming.

One day you will return home and tell of how you were teaching their youngest people a load of rubbish ETC. And you will now talk to your "people". Then all you do is meditate for 2 hours as the celestial alignment is happening right now.

8. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Tell them before they leave tonight that they have to write a 1,000 word essay to be read out in front of the class tomorrow. When they all turn up with their essays tomorow tell them it's an April fool. :D

9. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

Tell them that one of their classmates has been murdered. That'll get 'em.

10. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

LOL! I thought my idea was bad. :D

11. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Run into the room with a pistol screaming you're going to kill them all, then run around the other classes too, so everyone can appretiate the joke.

12. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Tell the kids your gonna take it easy this class as you got bit by a rabid dog, then tell them what rabies is, sit down and pretend to feel faint, get the one of the kids to get you some water, sip of water, but keep it in your mouth and put your head in your hands, make sure the kids cant see and pop a few effervescent vitamin c tablets in your mouth, start foaming away and chase them around making growling noises and snarling at them :)

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

probably the best so far, but i can imagine it all going down myself and i need to remain presentable!

... anymore ideas?

14. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Play a joke on your self and then pretend to get mad about it. Say that if the person who did it doesn't come forward the whole class has detention. Since nobody did it nobody will come forward and then tell the whole class to stay after. End of the day say April fools.

15. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i like it!!!!