Anyone know anything about this school?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by wondermonkee, Aug 7, 2006.

1. wondermonkee

wondermonkee Valued Member

Is it good? Are there better ones in the san diego area (in your opinion)?

San Diego Aikikai

2. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

I would not hesitate to recommend Chiba Sensei.

He was the technical Director for the United Kingdom Aikikai before his return to Japan and, he was the first Japanese instructor to influance me personally.

If I lived in the San Diego area, I'd be at Chiba Shihan's dojo.

3. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Just had a look at Chiba Shihans biography, I had no idea that he had lived in Sunderland! How long was he there? Anyway I would love to train under such a skilled instructor, even if he did live in mackem land :D

4. philipsmith

philipsmith Valued Member

Sensei isn't so active at the dojo these days but is mainly involved in seminars etc.

I would still reccomend his students to anybody, however.

5. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Gents, bear in mind you're responding to a thread created 5 years ago, the thread creator hasn't posted or visitied this site since Jan 09.

6. sakumeikan

sakumeikan Valued Member

Dear Gb Uk.
    If you are anxious?to practise with Chiba Sensei/or his disciples why not come to our seminars?I have in the past sent you messages [I believe] giving you details of local course.So far you have given excuses why you cannot attend.As it happens Chiba Sensei was i the U.K in August,

7. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Maybe he does not want to practise with you Joe, maybe he wants to practise with Chiba Shihan ???????

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Damn dead threads just won't stay dead. I need to convince the Admins to by some coffins.

9. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Problem ????????????????

10. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Thanks for the offer but I have trouble enough making my own classes, never mind getting to seminars!!

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

NECRO THREAD

12. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Beware da zombie tred!

13. sakumeikan

sakumeikan Valued Member

Dear Kris,
    The point I am making is this, if you are interested in training with Chiba Sensei would you not try and make contact with his students nearer home?
    I really dont care if the guy wants to train with me, I may not want to train with him.We invite various high grade teachers up to N.Cle and this man and his club mates never show up.Incidentally we welcome everyone .By the way how is your Dad? Cheers, Joe.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

HEAD SHOT!!!!

15. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Zombie tred raises from de grave again!