Anyone in the US, Samurai movie special tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 47Ronin, Nov 29, 2003.

1. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Tonight there is going to be all the old Samurai movies by Akira Kurosawa starting at 8p.m.!!!!!!!

The movies will go till 5 a.m. on TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES.

The movies will be -

Seven Samurai
    Yojimbo
    Throne of blood
    Gate to hell.

Hope anyone who reads this enjoys it!!!

2. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

It's on!!!!

3. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

im there

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Would like to be in the US tonight!

I really want to see the Seven Samurai, even though it was made in 1954 its supposed to be very good still.

5. Alias

Alias New Member

Good? It's brilliant!

I bought a second-hand copy from my local video store. On the back cover the running time was (erroneously) stated as 90 minutes. One night, just after midnight, I decided to watch Seven Samurai. It didn't finish until three thirty in the morning. It was fantastic, and even though I wanted to go to bed, I couldn't bring myself to stop the tape. Great photography, great sequences. A flat-out masterpiece.

Back on-topic, yeah, I wish I was in the US tonight too. You lucky sods.

6. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Haha, it was great!
    I stayed up until 6am then went to sleep and woke back up at 8 am to watch green hornet. Great night for Martial Arts.

Alias, I second your thoughts on the movie.;)

Well for those who missed I feel sorry for you :(

7. Nathan Algren

Nathan Algren New Member

Movies for Today?

Can someone post, maybe, a CST list of movies that we could all "get together" over the 'net to watch? Tentative time frame; sometime this upcoming weekend. ;) :Angel: :woo:

8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Anyone have IFC (Independent Film Channel)? They have Samurai Saturdays. Saturday around 7AM they show a Samurai movie and repeat 3 or 4 times that weekend. So far: Seven Samurai, Kill, Zatoichi (the original), Sanjuro, Yojimbo, Gate of Hell, Musashi 1 - 3, Samurai Spy, 3 Samurai, Sword of Doom and a few others. I've got DVR, so I record them and watch them at my pace.

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

3 Outlaw Samurai was great!!!

Samurai Spy is really a ninja movie LOL... still great!

My Replay TV is set to record anything with the word "samurai" in it, on any channel at any time. Also martial, karate, kung, kenpo, iska, k1, k-1, ufc, and shaolin. I get something every day. "Even if it "Matlock defends a young Marine from court-martial" oops didn't want that one) You never know what will show up (Sanford and Son - Lamont learns karate)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  10. Nathan Algren

Nathan Algren New Member

WoW!

/me has a moment of "green-with-envy"

Okay, I'm over it. :cool: :Alien: :p