Anyone going to KC this year?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Spinmaster, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Just thought I'd see if there will be any MAPers at Karate College in Radford, VA this year. My bro and I will be there, and I'd love to meet up with any of y'all who could make it. :)

2. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

is this it? :hat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STgVHTIFGs"]YouTube- Rival Schools Intro[/ame]

3. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

4. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

sounds fun... I'll leave you to decide whether I'm talking about the camp, the cowboy hats or both haha.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looks like a blast. Can't go wrong with Bill Wallace. Have fun :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

Who's teaching on the Karate side?

Gary

7. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

@Van: Yes, I was extremely impressed with Wallace last year. Took both of his classes, and plan to again this year. :)

@Gary: I'm not entirely sure. As you can see, despite the name, there is a quite a variety of teachers in other arts than Karate. Last year George Alexander was there to represent the Karate side of things. :)

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Spin, you're a lucky man. I'm off to the States for 3 months in July and will get my Wallace fix while I'm there.

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Remember Dan, he is a normal guy, no need to offer yourself at his feet.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This like band camp?

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

A normal guy when compared to, like, Jesus.

12. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

@Moi: No, it's not like band camp. It's basically a weekend worth of hour-long classes by a bunch of different teachers in different arts. Not like you get to actually live at the camp for a while or anything.

@simon: I must agree with Van on this one. The man is not normal... last year, he shot Stephen Hayes with a marshmallow gun! Not even Jesus did that! :D

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

near enough. You'll live it