Anyone ever used Aikido in a REAL fight?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by WhereMyRiceGo, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

Hahahahaha....

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Coming in late as usual. Question have any of you been attacked with a knife. I was when I went to help a girl who was lying on the ground bleeding badly. As I was attending her her assailant appeared and attacked me. Actually it was not a knife it was a sharpened nail file hidden in what appeared to be a finger bandage. Being a longtime practisioner of aikido I simply swatted him aside until I saw the blood on my arm. I still have the scars on my left arm. He was striking at my face and could have blinded me. Even though I was not afraid I LOST IT I broke his arm and I broke his jaw.
    I hate to think what I would have done if the weapon had come into my possesion. Only when you have been in that situation can you talk meeningfully of what you would do.. The fact remains it is not a case of what you SHOULD do but what you can do and believe me most people will do whatever they can and a great number of them shall do more than what the law deams necessary.

When you have been there I shall read ypur posts with great interest.

Koyo

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  3. Declan

Declan Valued Member

I am not an Aikido practitioner but I was curious about this thread as I have met some good Aikidoka.

It doesn't surprise me that there are many messages from people saying that they have used Aikido to defend themselves. However, one thing confuses me greatly...
    How do Hawaiian priests help in self-defence? Do they act as bodyguards? Are they Big Kahunas? If so, do they eat "Big Kahuna Burgers"? Indeed, does size matter in a Kahuna?

Kind regards,

Declan

4. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

I know this for sure mate.

Spirituality, ideology, philosophy, love & harmony don't mean fek all unless you can fight.

5. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

Not to be confused with Hawaiian 'Kahunas', I meant the Spanish word 'Cahunas' which I thought translates as 'Balls' - as in required for fighting! maybe my spelling was awry - won't be the first time! :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  6. Dave Humm

LMAO... :D

Kiaiki... me 'ole china. Good to see you here again mate.

7. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

Hiya. I don't have much to say which has any originality so I tend to wait awhile and see what happens - usually you dive in and explain stuff so much better that I don't often need to post!

Aah, it was so much more fun when we argued, but there seems to be population explosion on the ninja troll front to keep you busy without me adding to it!? !:)

8. Dave Humm

You Want An Argument... I'll Give You An Argument​

LOL :D

9. Declan

Declan Valued Member

I know you meant "cojones"... I was just being silly.

Kind regards,

Declan

10. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

I have sole rights on talking balls in this thread, even if I can't spell in Spanish (or English, come to that)..... and while I'm at it I think it's high time I stopped respecting Dave Humm and all that wussy Aikikai stuff - where's that gonna get you on the mean streets of Filey or Cleethorpes when they come at you with sharpened clogs, eh?

(Damn, I still don't think I've upset him :) )

11. Dave Humm