Anybody going to the ITF Worlds in Birmingham (Aug 1st-6th)?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Gizmo, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mahke

Mahke New Member

Congratz Gizmo :D I look forward to a full report :)

2. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I couldn't make it in the end, my baby nephews 1st birthday party was on sunday. If anyone took loadsa pics, could they pm me and perhaps email them to me??!!

Cheers?!!!

Much love G x

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

A friend of mine took a number of pictures, they will be published in the net during the next few days - not only our people fighting, but also different action shots from Sat and Sun.

4. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Cool, could you give me the link once there up please?

5. gerrard

gerrard New Member

Gizmo, I was also there and don't remember seing you guys!
    We were sitting at the rear left side in front of the croatian team.

This was my first tournament by the way and I was quite impressed but was expecting more and better fighters for a world championship. I guess the name of the tournament got me mislead.

Oh and by the way, I also got a silver medal in the men's 10th to 7th kup hyperweight sparing event.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Congrats Gerrard. We had our HQ on the far right side of the spectators tribune - basically in front of the area 3, but it wasn't easy to spot us since we were only 7 people total, including 2 spectators... plus we spent half of the day down on the arena waiting for our categories to start.

What area were you fighting on?

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Congratulations to all, sounds like your trips were worthwhile :)

Mitch

8. gerrard

gerrard New Member

I fought on the court on the right of the main middle court (from the spectator point of view).
    I didn't participate in the patterns event due to some mistake they did in calling me up for the wrong event and then telling me they were wrong. I wasn't that prepared for it anyway so wasn't really dissapointed. If i came all the way from poland I sure would have been !

9. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Well, that means that we spent half of the day at the neighbouring areas. Our red belt juniors were fighting on area 1, which was the closest to the arena entrance from the warm-up area behind the curtain.

10. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

I just posted over 200 competition photos in the net. They're available in my 2007 ITF World Championships (Birmingham) album. It's in Polish but the navigation is intuitive - arrows to select picture, magnifying glass icon or clicking on the pic to maximize.

11. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Is there a download button?

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

No, but right click & save works without problems. I know it's bit of a problem to download 200 pics this way, but that's just the way it is on this particular website.

13. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

Apparently a group from my old club were there, and they supposedly took away a good handful of medals...

I actually saw one of them on the news - she was on BBC1 Midlands today, they called her Marie Youdale but her name is really Udall. I think she actually picked up a couple of golds or so I'm told... Stacey Weatherall - also from my old club picked up a couple I think... Did anybody see them there?