any way

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by disabledhero, Sep 17, 2007.

1. disabledhero

disabledhero jab jab elbow jab knee

I have been in karate for 4 years so far and I want full treatment i do not want any specail treatment i hate ppl treating me like a kid :woo:

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Do we know you? Deja Vu??

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

:confused:
    What do you mean by "full treatment"?
    Has anyone here treated you like a kid?

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I don't think so ;)

5. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Mate if you have an issue about this you need to talk to your instructor and parents.

Its a common thing for people to want to give special treatment to someone with an impairment, without thinking about the persons feelings of independence.

Im not sure if thats what you were talking about, but like i said just tell someone if you can.

6. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

Does your disability make in impractical or unrealistic to give you "full treatment" in some way?

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Why have you started a new thread with "anyway"?

8. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

so that he can follow it up with two called "anyhow" and "anywhere?"

9. disabledhero

disabledhero jab jab elbow jab knee

hey no it dosent make it un realistic i unly have a small hand impairment other than that Im ok and am on my way to be brown belt :cool: :D

10. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

If your hand impairment doesn't have any significant effect on your ability to train in Karate then ask why you are being treated differently and explain that it is neither necessary nor desired.

11. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i agree with what other said thats really something u would have to discuss with ur instructor, its hard to say anything about why they might treat u like a kid cause i dont know any information about u or how they treat u

12. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Ask For It

By "full treatment" do you mean more intensity and contact in sparring? What sort of "special treatment" are you getting? As has been said, talk to your instructors. If you've been training with them for four years, you both should have a clear understanding of your abilities and goals by now.