Any one.

Discussion in 'Karate' started by shitokai, Mar 9, 2004.

1. shitokai

shitokai New Member

Anyone here do ****o Ryu? If so, where and who is your Sensi.

OSU

2. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

I do.

Minobu Miki is my instr.

Rob

3. thefonz

thefonz New Member

i do it aswell.

i just got my red belt 2 weeks ago after only 3 weeks of training!

i love it.

4. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

mcDojo

That must the fastest working mcDojo I have heard of. :D

Did the instructer say to you:

"There you go sir here is your mcRed belt"

he he rofl

I'm gonna be in good mood for the rest of the day because of that.

Regards Kerling

5. shitokai

shitokai New Member

Listen numb nutz, what dark ally do you want to meet in?

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Chill out ****okai.

We don't tolerate personal attacks here.

7. kerling

Action

I will be in Skuggasund tomorrow night at ten.

"Skuggasund" means dark ally and is a actual streat name.
    it has the following coordinates 64°08,9097 N 021°56,5432 W

Regards Kerling

8. kerling

The Street sign

You can find this street sign there. They alley is just 50 meters long so If your are there I will see you.
    [​IMG]

You can print out this picture or write the name down so you remeber where you are gooing.

Regards Kerling

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  9. kerling

No show

There was only me in that alley at the time given.......

10. Cain

Cain New Member

Enough!

Kerling, just because someone flames you does'nt mean you have to flame them back, there's a big blue button with an exclaimation called "report post" if a member bothers you.

Now get this thread back on track :woo:

|Cain|

11. kerling

He he ok Cain.

But the joke was that the alley is in Iceland in midst of *Bleep* nowhere in the north atlantic sea. :D

And there is the "skuggasund" wich litirally means dark alley. So I could just not forgoe the chance to make fun of this.

But back on track..

How is the belt system in ****o ryu?

Because color is diffrent between styles so it's a relevant question.

Regards Kerling

No Swearing please

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2004
  12. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

The belt system is often different from dojo to dojo within the same style/ organization. Each head of dojo has their own needs for different levels and colors. So, about all you can say about any two belt systems between any two dojo is that they probably start with white and end with black. Generally.
    In between is going to vary.

Rob

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS, enough of this. Take your dollies home and quit fussing with each other or KGirls going to have to smack both of you around! Now NO MORE!!

14. NIKS

NIKS Baby banana killer :D

I am Nikki and live in the Netherlands. I do Hayashi ****oryu and ****okai.
    My teacher is Raymond Snel 6th Dan in Kyokushinkai which I started with in the very beginning (11 years ago).
    I now compete in national and international competitions with kata's.
    These I do in Hayashi ****oryu and in about a month I will perform them in ****okai. I also got a teacher and friend in the Tsjech Republic.
    Her name is Petra Nova, I don't know if you know her but she was European Champion in 2000 or 2001 at kata's.
    Are here many people whom which karate is their topsport? And do national and international competitions on a very high level?

15. Shuto uchi

Shuto uchi New Member

Kosokun

Kosokun,

I live in Virginia and study Traditional ****o Ryu through a JKO school here. We are going down to Bristol on April 3rd to a JKO sponsored tourny and I am told that your Instructor , Mr. Minobo Miki sometimes attends these Tournies and weekend seminars that Shihan Smith in Bristol provides for the members and the public.

It would be nice if you could come with him sometime so we could meet in person and work together on Kata and technique.

It would be an honor to meet and study with you and Mr. Miki.

16. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

Shuto Uchi,

I'd love to visit Bristol. I always look forward to seeing Shihan Smith and Shihan Ervin at the annual JKO event. Unfortunately, Bristol is a long ways away and getting away from family and dojo is sometimes hard. So, c'mon out to San Diego in January for the annual JKO tournament and master's seminars. The master's seminars have been excellent! Next years' seminar should be spectacular!

You're really lucky to be training with my senior, Shihan Smith. Wonderful tecnician and a marvelous human being. He's one of my favorite people in karate-do.

Rob

17. Shuto uchi

Shuto uchi New Member

I hope to be there in january

You are right about Shihan Smith, he is an incredible martial artist and even better person, the JKO is the best thing that has happened for ****o Ryu in the Southeast part of the country, there are so many street fighting schools here claiming the ****o Ryu lineage that really are a long way from being traditional that it was very refreshing to learn I could be a part of the organization headed up by Soke Mabuni himself. It doesn't get much more traditional than that.

I have a friend that lives in Escondido, CA., and works for Carvin Guitars. I can stay with him if I come out in January with Mr. Jarvis, but I am wondering if it is withing driving distance to the site, do you know?

Once again I hope we cross paths and can work with one another sometime.

18. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

Definitely driving distance! I'd do it.
    Well, if you come to San Diego, I'll be there!
    Seminars should be really, really good. ****ei kata, Batto/Iai, Kumite, Kobudo. Excellent stuff!

Rob