Any British Royal Marine Commandos ?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kikaku, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

I'm interested in the possibility of signing up next year. If I pass PRMC and take part in the 30 week course in Lympstone, will I have the opportunity to continue MA training outside of the base in a regular dojo ? Also does the RM have training groups, for various arts ?

2. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

No idea but I know a guy on another forum who just got accepted, he starts training in 3 weeks. Want me to ask him?

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

4. sky

sky Valued Member

your the guy off mfat......... i think the training is 32 weeks, not too sure, ....

i was going to join the royal marines, but i have now decided to join the parachute regiment.

everyone has heard of the reputation of the royal marines and knows how good they are, but the parachute regiment is just as good if not better, they are not in the media as much as the marines but heres a little secret.............. whilst on exercise with the paras (in iraq i think ) the marines failed and messed up, leaving the paras to stay out there for a month longer and do the job their rivals couldnt finnish, still all they same they are some of the best soldiers in the world, but as for britians elite... there not.. its just the spot light is always on them

oh .... and answer to your question.... yes you can carry on with martial arts or any other training once you pass out and are placed in your commando unit (marines) or batallion (paras) .... as for doing martial arts in basic training, every time i asked this question i just got told that it would be rare to find time because there is so much to do........ but once you pass out you get alot of free time, providing your not on exercise or an operation.

good luck an ways

5. Kikaku

Yes please. :)

6. Kikaku

Cheers mate,
    Dang, 8 months of missing MA training is pretty steep. I've heard that 8 weeks out of the 30, you're on leave because of the summer and various holidays.

7. medi

The guy sent me this reply:

8. Kikaku

Cheers mate, could you please PM me his e-mail address, or the forum where I can find him ?

9. medi

No, it's a private forum. If you PM me your email address I'll pass it on.

10. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Oh come on both sides have stories like these, whether they are para or marine. Infact, every single part of the military (and not just ours i bet) has stories about how they are better than the next part.

To the guy started the thread, don't base your career on stories you've heard.

11. xxionx

xxionx Forgotten In Chaos

United States Marine Corps!!!! OO-RAH!

12. ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter Living the Dream

Para, para, in the sky, living proof that sh** can fly!

Or...

Why is God a paratrooper? Because he failed the Commando entry exam.

Anyway, on a lighter note, my father was in the marines for 25 years and I would consider them the elite of the regular British forces (The SAS being the elite of the not-so-regular forces.) My father used to run Ninjutsu classes out in Norway when the RM's went training there...kept them warm and gave them something to do.

I am sure the RM's would endorse any sort of MA you want to take part in within the ranks.