any 1 enspired by aikido?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by shadow_gardian, Jul 6, 2006.

1. shadow_gardian

shadow_gardian New Member

any of you guys and girls enspired by aikido.and the next question is what enspires people about aikido, is it the spirit of aikido? that matters you know why i like aikido because of the potential you get out of it after practice you feel good I commited myself to aikido yesterday and I cant wait to do it because there is one part of me that wants to go and train and another part of me that just does not care and does not want to train...do not have that sort of attitude with aikido respect the harmony of the spiritual sense for there is no spiritual world for the spiritual that is now on earth is what o' sensei taught the people in aikido because he knows mind body and power and with aikido it aint about getting respect its about the spirit the inner spirit over the phisical one universe use it wisely..

and another thing I wanted to say is always use your hearts power not your minds power because this is what enspires us all about aikido and its strengths.

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

This is an English-language forum. You're supposed to write in English the way your school teacher taught you to write.

3. leeless

leeless Handshaker extraordinaire

He's probably a troll anyway.

4. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

I've been inspired, perspired, retired but not yet expired - still, three out of four ain't bad. :)

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Hmmm ... 52 ... shouldn't be too long until you complete the set :p

6. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

I'm workin on it - Shioda was reputed to be a big (whisky?) drinker, so I'm emulating him - isn't that how to get inspired by Aikido! After all, no point dying unless you've thoroughly worn out all body parts!

Incidentally, nice grading clips on 'Youtube' - it shows how little fundamental difference there is in styles, even between Ki and Yoshinkan. Our tanto jiyuwaza let uke keep the tanto sometimes so they could attack quicker but this also made for some puffed out and not very smooth or graceful moves. :)

7. Shinkei

Shinkei Valued Member

Wow, this has gone over my head. all this after one lesson. In my opinion you can pray, chant, sit in cold mountain springs but the only way to get good at Aikido is get on the Tatami and practise practise practise as Aikido is made up of physical techniques and principles. I have spent many nights trying to perfect one of the Kata or practising hikitategeiko trying to master just one technique from various attacks and defences for competitive aikido.

I once watched a TV programme on David Beckham as a young lad practising goal kicks in football ( sorry USA Soccer) he had a tyre hanging in the goal with the aim of getting the ball through the tyre. He practised this time after time untill he perfected this, Aikido is no different Waza needs to be practised time and time again. I love the feeling of getting a perfectly timed technique in a competitive situation or performing a well presented Kata.

As I am now in my mid 40's I get lot of pleasure in seeing my students move through the learning process of Aikido.

Although I have been doing Aikido for 31 years I must say that the spiritual side does n't play a big part in my practise I may discover this in the next 31 years. Maybe this is down to my background like David Beckham I am an Essex boy. (know what i mean)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006