Another 'Off to Thailand to train' Thread

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Yatezy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

As the title suggests, i will out to Thailand to train. I was considering Chiang Mai for a few reason. I want to visit the North of Thailand and the temperature will be more bearable, i hope :)

Although it will be for a short time (2 weeks) i could extend that time in the future, if i go out to train again.

So far ive have come across 3 gyms, opinions would be great and if there are any extra suggestions on other gyms that would be appreciated.

http://www.muaythaicamps.com/ - this place got a really good review from a girl who had her first training experience out in Thailand for only a 3 week stint.

http://www.siamnumberone.com/ - Havent found a review on this so if anyone knows anything about it that would be great.

http://www.muaythailand.com/articles/read.php?article=72 - this is a short review on a camp that teaches (from what i gather) a combination of old Thai styles and the modern sport form. A link was provided (http://www.ancientmuaythai.com/) to this style, sounds interesting.

I leave on the 25th October so needless to say have left it a little late but that seems to be the story of my life :p.

As a last resort i will happily train in Bangkok but would prefer to experience the north and also avoid the nightlife of BKK (im weak and easily tempted!)

Cheers guys :)

2. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

Training in Chaing Mai

I was in Chaing Mai this time last year and trained for a week at Chay Yai Gym, which is about 15mins out side of town.
    If you are going to train here just turn up at the office (which is at Taipea Gate, in the centre of Chaing Mai) and sign up there.

http://www.muaythaicamps.com/

They train twice a day from 8am till 11am and from 4pm till 7pm and you can get picked up and dropped off at the office.

The gym itself is a typical Thai gym nothing fancy which is what I was after and the trainers are all great with lots of experience.

At this time of year it is starting to get busy, but the trainers will still give you alot of one-on-one training and will suit the training to your skill/fitness levels.

I found the heat one of the toughest things to deal with (not alot of sun up here!), I was training like mad before I left to make sure my fitness was up, but half way into the morning session when the sun started to heat up my energy levels crashed, just need to get your head down and push through it :evil:.

I travelled/trained in a number of areas of Thailand when I was over Chaing Mai was definitely the highlight for me.

Enjoy yourself.:hat:

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yatezy,

Id go with Chay Yai as ChrisB said,i to have trained there it is a very good camp imho.

Ancient Muay Thai is also very good for old style training,but the Adjarn doesnt take students for less than a months training.:)

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You're only going to **** me off even more, Ibiza? Thailand?:mad::mad::mad:

I'm jealous!!!!!!:bang:

5. Yatezy

Cheers for the info mate and the heat is the only thing im not looking forward too but ive trained many a time in a sweat suit so hopefully i have an idea what ill be putting my body through. Also hoping it'll be nice and cool!

Thanks again bud :D

Thank you FC, looks like its settled then. Chay Yai will be my home for 2 weeks!

I may look into the Ancient Style next time if i get the opertunity. :)

LOL sorry MD

I can always photoshop you into my pics! :p

Cheers guys, much appreciated :)

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

To pay for your excesses and whilst you're sharp as anything from Thailand you'll have to take a trip over the border and come to the gym when you get back. Another holiday.

7. Jjf88

Jjf88 Valued Member

Advice: Keep your mind focused on the training, and not the Thai girls! I should've told someone at our classes that before he went..He's so young and impressionable..;P

But seriously...well...I can't actually be serious but good luck and train hard!

8. Cowardly Clyde

Cowardly Clyde Valued Member

Practice your connect 4 & jenga skills before you go!

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Pool to:)

10. OldNick

OldNick Valued Member

11. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

I'm heading back out there next week as well. Going back to Sinbi muay thai for another month. CANT WAIT!!!! I've spent 7 out of the last 12 months over there and i just love it.

Only downer is that I'm not in quite as good shape as I should be due to a foot injury which stops me training and running but i'll give it my best go.

I'll be up in Chiang Main for a few days holiday at the end of November. I've also heard good things about Chai Yai camp.

Good luck with your trip mate. You will LOVE it.

12. Yatezy

MD - LOL ill be sharp until i end up in Koh Phangan, thats were the holiday will take a turn for the 'worst', if you could call it that :p

Ive been before so i have idea about the Thai ladys so im gonna try my hardest to avoid! For the first few days (when i'll be most impressed :D) i'll probably be too tired for women anyway! And unfortunately my connect four skills are poor (cost me a drink or 2 last time i was there), pools skills are even worse and never played jenga! This could be an expensive trip!! :p

Smee - Thats some length of time training man! I seriously cant wait for it though, the experience itself will be worth it alone.

To be able to bring back anything new in my arsenal, whether it be a move or tatic then the holiday will be a success :)

Thanks again guys :)

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

are you guys nutts...avoid the women....

thats like going to italy not eating spagetti, or egypt and skip the pyramids

there is a reason the training ends at 7pm....go eat, get a girl, bed at 1200

14. Yatezy

LOL girl it is then :p