Angry Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CKava, Mar 3, 2004.

1. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Well Im just wondering what exactly happened to the tetris score boards in the arcade section. My girlfriends account got banned and all her high scores got deleted. Why?!? She doesn't post thats true but I have a friend who signed up months back and hasnt visited let alone posted. SO please, please, please... get the scores back! I was actually in the room for the top score she got the other day and it took like 2 hours! Yes I know, its amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid doing work ;)

Oh and her username is Kento by the way.

2. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

The arcade is a privelage for contributing members not for people who want to come along and waste site bandwidth if she wants to come back and contribute she can use the arcade.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Kento's account was banned because she was only using the Arcade and not contributing on the rest of the site. Sorry, but this isn't a gaming website.

As explained to her in an email sent, the bandwidth here comes out of Admin's pockets, and the Arcade is for contributing members to use, not for people who sign up just to use it. Non-contributing members holding championship positions take that away from contributing members who could hold that position instead, which is what the arcade is meant for.

If your friend joined months ago and hasn't even visited, thats not used up a penny of our bandwidth.

She can get her account reinstated, but she'll have to discuss that with Yoda, via email.

4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Fine and dandy I didn't realise it was that much of an issue. Don't really know much about bandwith and whatnot... Still I think then I might just have to go and reclaim the tetris high score seeing as how I think I count as a contributing member (whether I contribute anything worthwhile is another matter though).

5. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Hmm, now I feel like I cheated knowing that someone else is out there who is much more formidable than myself at Tetris and yet I am getting credit for being the number one spot.

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Contributing member = member who posts

Non contributing member = Member who doesn't

I'd rather see the contributing members get the awards and what not than the non contributing ones. Thats the reason we got all the extra games and new software in the first place

7. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

well if you insist, I'll accept the tetris award. But only because you twisted my arm. ;). Supposing Kento becomes a contributing member, would you allow her old score to be revived? Or would it be an ex post facto thing where she needs to regain title after being a contributing member?

8. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

That and i was bored :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004