and they say their cracking down on crime

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by g-bells, Apr 19, 2007.

1. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

sorry in advance for the rant

the mayor of youngstown has implimented a new crack down on crime tactic.
    state and local police are handing out traffic violations left and right, it's nothing to see 6-7 state and 3-4 local police cars within a 6 city block radius.
    now are these ploice cars on side streets were most of the crime is taking place? no, they are parked on busy, main streets. this happen just the other day, and the crack down does'nt :bang: seem to be working

A 72 year old man was carjacked, during broad daylight, and the suspects have not been found.

another one..... man found shot to death in the parking lot of a "hand car washing" business

thanks for listening

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Maybe you should become a cop then and show them how to police correctly.
    I'm sure that will change everything. I'm sure it's that simple.

3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

ok smarty... the city got 13million for assistance, would'nt the extra police serve better by patrolling well known "high crime areas" instead of ticketting tom,dick or jane for only having one light working on your license plate?

4. slipthejab

hmmm... seems you know very little about police work. Traffic stops for seeming minor items like having a headlight out or a turning light out often bring in wanted felons. I doubt they've spent all 13 million on writing tickets.

Seriously... you sound like you know next to nothing about police work or the politics that go along with it.

5. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

well since you seem to know everything, why have'nt the vicious crime rates gone down? trust me, i'm only one of 10,000 making the same claims and before you ask, yes we are attending council meetings, you don't need to be a genious to figure out that if your a criminal, avoid the busy streets. random stops have'nt produced , any of the things you mentioned, but it has produced alot of good citizens getting tick tack traffic tickets

6. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

The only half decent thing you've ever said.

I've got absolutely no idea whatsoever what is done with the money that the police recieve, but they could definetely use it a lot more efficiently than they are at the moment.

Low profile tyres, GPS navigation, more cameras.. This is the stuff they REALLY need.

7. slipthejab

<<removed>>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  8. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

I suggest you take a VERY close look at that. Straight from the book.

9. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Having nearly 12,000 posts, Slip posts a lot of good content on map. And while this does not allow him to personally attack people, he's obviously not just here to incite others....

10. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Here here Slippy!

G! Maybe I can shed some light here, having been a cop and and all. We go and patrol where we are told to go and patrol. Now, what takes priority is determined by the Chief. Who, most likely is asked by a city council or city government, is pressured to keep the well to do in the city "safe". How many times have the council members walked through the "really bad sections" in the middle of the night. :confused: I asked to work the high crime areas just so I could make sure I learned the system, met the magistrates, learned how to do proper paperwork. I also worked traffic too. We would do "High Presence" patrolling to make shop owners happy, to let people see their $$ daily. To keep the city center calm and free from crime. Of course, traffic patrol is where you get the big, high profile, drug busts! A good L.E. officer can find a lot just because he is exceptional at traffic stops.