anakserak?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Silatyogi, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

anybody heard of this?
    AnakSerak?

-silatyogi

2. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Dr. Andre Knust-Graichen is a longtime Silat player who lives in California. Apparently, he's Maurice de Thouars' designated successor. He has developed a system based on Serak and is promoting it through video instruction and seminars. Beyond that I don't know anything.

3. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Thanks Tellner,

I noticed that. It seemed to me they are teaching more of a weapon base system that looks more like Kali /Escrima than Serak. There are no serak djurus in the actual course which seemed a little dissappointing.

Anyhow I was just curious if anyone had trained with them.

thanks again.

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I've not trained specifically in the Anak Serak curriculum but I've trained with Dr. Andre at several seminars and spent a little private time training with him. I've also worked out with some of his students and am good friends with one of them.

All the people I've met who train with Dr. Andre are top notch people with a lot of good information to share. And Dr. Andre himself is an incredibly cool guy with a great grasp of the material he teaches and a phenomenal ability to communicate that knowledge.

I'd highly recommend training with their group if you have the chance.

Mike