'An jing' & 'ming jing' in Hsing I chuan

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Benny, Aug 17, 2002.

  1. Benny

    Benny New Member

    In Hsing I chuan ,there are three different 'Jing' (power).The first one is called 'Ming jing' which belongs to 'gang'(hard) ,the second is 'An jing' wich belongss to 'rou'(soft).Does anyone here knows how to go from ming-jing to an-jing ??.I've been practicing the 'ming-jing' for a long time and I'm at the point where I have to move to 'An-jing' ,but I don't really know who to do it.
  2. Eddie

    Eddie New Member

    what does your sifu say?

    but seriously, when it comes to things such as jing or power generation, chi etc. , it is best to ask someone who has done it before, and who can show you in detail.

    If I have never ate a hamburger, can I really exactly explain how it taste (even if I have read or heard about it before)?

    My suggestion is to practice different transitions untill you are sure you understand the whole concept. and offcourse, ask your sifu.

Share This Page